Chapter 7

Walking into the mall, I started to browse all the stores. "You see a store you want to go into?" I ask Tommy..

"Not really" He says still looking around at the different stores, and people.

     "He scouting for booty." I whisper to Lando, and he laughs. "You're so overdramatic." I laugh.

     We walk into the nearest DTLR, and it was so many black people in there. "Nope, not going all the way in there." I stop in my tracks to say.

"Why not?" Lando asks.

     "Because look in there. It's too packed, and I may get shanked or pick-pocketed." I say pointing towards the large group of people near the shoes.

"I hate that you would think that." Lando walks out of the store, and starts forth to another store. " I hate these stereotypes you've acclimated to. "

     " I just really didn't want to go into that store. I am not as you say acclimated to anything and stop using big words you don't know the meaning of. " I respond.

     We continue our walk when some girls walks up to Lando, and Tommy.

"Hey my name is Deanne and this is my sister Terri. Are you guys new around town?" They ask flirtatiously.

     Sluts !

Tommy licks his lips. "Shit, My name is Tommy, and this is my brother Lando." He says introducing Lando, and not me. I got irritated, and walked off.

     I didn't know about what they had going on, but I surely didn't care. I walked over to a nearby bench, and sat down. I pulled out my phone, and I had no new calls or messages. I went to my contacts, and dialed Brenden's number. The phone rung 2x before I got an answer.

"Hello" Someone said into the phone that was not Brenden.

     I quickly hung up, and sat back on the bench shocked. I stared at my home screen for a good minute before calling back. This time the phone went to voicemail. I was now pissed off. I didn't want to believe that he was in the back seat sweating like an athlete, but my mind was just shooting for answers.

     I start to pace back and forth in an angry motion. I accidentally bump into this really cute dude.

"Damn Lil shawty..." He says holding onto me. So cliché.

     I glance him up and down. I lick my lips, and smile briefly. "Sorry. I'm Maeko..."

"I'm Kano.." He says.

     "And you should be letting me go now..." I laugh. "You like the third person I know with an o in their name." I say as he lets me loose.

"Who else got that?" He asks with an arched eyebrow.

     "Doesn't matter." I say casually.

"You right. So you got a nigga?" He bluntly asks.

     "Oooohhh where do you get off asking me this like that?" I say wanting to know.

"Shit, it's just a feeling I get. So do you?" He asks again.

     I look around awkwardly. "You look and sound like somebody I know." I try to stall.

"Who?" He asks.

     "Does it matter?" I ask honestly.

"Not at all. So where were you headed?" He asks as I look at Tommy and Lando with the girls then back at my phone.

     I start to think of someone else answering Brenden's phone, and I instantly get pissed. "To answer your question I'm as single as can be..." I say confidently.