A Samurai's Code Of Honour

~~Marco~~
Shouting was all that could be heard downstairs. Star clutched her mug, ignoring the commotion below; Alya also seemed totally unfazed. Something tugged at me - then it hit me like being smashed in the face by brick. A strong feeling of negative force was building elsewhere. Hawk Moth. I could feel his energy still. I was inside his head. He'd found someone else to akumatise. Mabel!
I gripped the edge of the couch, controlling my temper best I could.

"Hey, what's up Marco?" Star patted my leg gently and smiled curiously.

I took a deep breath and looked my girlfriend dead in the eyes, keeping my voice low, "It's Hawk Moth, Star. I can feel his thoughts. He's after Mabel...someone has to stop him!"

I jumped to my feet which provoked a raised brow off Alya. Star leapt to my side, insisting on joining me. I gave a pained look and told her that she may have recovered from the zombie virus, but I still felt that she was in no condition to do anything that could potentially endanger her life (that and I couldn't handle myself if I was responsible for causing her harm).

The Mewnian nodded quietly and curled back up on the couch. Alya rolled her eyes and allowed herself to be absorbed back into her phone.

"I won't be gone long. I promise. I'll come back." I whispered into Star's elfin ear and planted a single kiss on her forehead before dashing off towards the staircase.

As I passed the entrance to Mari's room, I sensed something off about Dipper...an almost otherworldly aura emanated from the space. I edged away from it and swiftly ran downstairs where I saw Marinette crying into the chest of a tall, blonde, green-eyed model. There was something chillingly familiar about him, alas, I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Marco? What's wrong?" Mari stood, wiping tears from her face.

"Nothing...where's Mabel?" I inquired lightly.

Marinette immediately broke down into a mess again after I mentioned the fourteen year old.  

"There was some tension. Mabel found out something she shouldn't have and it upset her so she ran away!" The boy answered due to the baker's daughter's inability to speak, "I don't believe we've met. I'm Adrien, by the way. Adrien Agreste." (Remind me to make sure he doesn't flirt with Star...or I may have to fight him.)

"Nice...Marco, Marco Diaz." I very rapidly switched the conversation back to the situation at hand, "What exactly did Mabel find out? It must've been something personal to cause that much damage. She seemed so happy."

"I-I-I can't tell you." Dupain-Cheng opened her mouth gently. Her voice was shaky, "B-but she left before I could explain."

Flap.
Flap.
Flap.
Flap.
Flap.

Suddenly inside my mind. That sound. It was so familiar - I knew it.

Flap.
Flap.
Flap.
Flap.
Flap.

Akuma! The sound was the regular beating of the butterfly's shimmery wings. It was heading for Mabel. I had to stop it.

Flap.
Flap.
Flap.
Flap.
Flap.

It drew ever closer.

Without any warning, I instinctively pushed Marinette and Adrien out the way, taking off out the door. I began running - faster than I ever had before, this was strange - chasing down the akuma's energy signature so I could obliterate it. I needed to stop it.

I couldn't allow Mabel to go through what I went through.