She Of Little Faith

(In which Adrien visits the bakery, gets invited for tea and Mabel makes a surprise discovery)

~~Adrien~~
I arrived at the door of Marinette's house. I'd only been here once before (as me that is) and had been robbed of some particularly delicious smelling croissants. The shop was eeirely quiet as I stepped inside, the door had been propped ajar despite there being no one downstairs.

"Come to flirt with your girlfriend?!" A sniping little voice broke the tension.

I almost leapt ten foot out of my skin, "Geez Plagg! You nearly gave me a heart attack!"

The small black cat kwami cackled cheekily before opening his tiny mouth again, "Ooooooh you like her! Adrien and Marinette sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-" before he could finish his sentence, I hit him into a nearby trash can as Marinette descended the stairs at the back.

"A-Adrien?!" She spluttered in almost what seemed like disbelief, "What were you singing just then - maybe I imagined it - I'm going crazy!"

"Hey Marinette, I just popped by to see how you were - the bakery was annihilated earlier so I thought I'd see if you needed any help cleaning up? Oh and I didn't sing anything..." I shot a passive glance at the bin where Plagg's large green eyes peeked over the rim. He sank back in with a grumble.

"Thank you for your concern - b-b-but I don't think I need any help. I've already got Star, Marco - who I've made up with - I saw the way you looked at me in the restaurant, Mabel, Alya in the lounge and Dipper's in my bed passed out." Marinette stumbled over her words, "B-but you're welcome to join us for tea and choux buns?"

"Sure I'd love to! But first, I heard about the whole family thing going on with you. I ran into Chat Noir on my way down (I'm a terrible liar) and he told me everything when I said I was coming to see you." I lied point blank, "Is it true? Is Dipper really your brother?"

Marinette fell silent momentarily then composed herself, "Yes. The DNA tests they ran proved that Dipper and I were a genetic match. I'm so confused."

Tears began to pour down her cheeks. I pulled her into my arms to give her a reassuring hug. I could feel her pulse start racing under my gentle grip.

"I can't believe my parents would lie to me after all these years! All along he was my brother! We promised not to tell Mabel until he saw it fit to. But I don't know what to do! It's killing me with guilt that I know she's not related to her twin that I'm his real sister I don't know what to do!"

I patted her and pulled away, looking down into her beautiful ocean blue eyes - they remind me of Labybug's - and held her hands tightly, "Mari, you're a strong and amazing young woman. I'm sure you'll work something out."

She nodded with a sniffle, "Thank you for dropping by Adrien. I don't know what I'd do without you. You're right though. I'll work something out."

"You complete liar..." Mabel stood at the base of the stairs, her eyes brimming with tears and disbelief.

"Mabel...I'm so sorry." Marinette choked quietly.