Koda ran up in between us and resented half his body on Blake and his head on me.

"Someone feels left out," I smirk.

"You gotta get screwed over the first boy." Blake jokes. I look at him and we lock eyes. Long enough for Koda to lift up his head and lick my face.

"Gross!" I practically could taste his dinner on my lips.

Blake laughed, scratching Koda's head. Making him move to him and sticking his butt into my face.

"Alright, I'm defiantly getting screwed over the worse now." I joke. It's so much easier to laugh when you're sad. Lifts the mood just a tiny bit.

"I'll give that to you. This time though." He smirks.

"Koda!" I called.

Koda only glanced at me before laying down.

"Ouch." I place my hand on my heart acting hurt and such. Koda only stuck his tongue out as a response.

Blake smiled at me before kissing Koda's head. Probably tasted disgusting, haven't bathed him in a few weeks.

 Probably tasted disgusting, haven't bathed him in a few weeks

About halfway through the movie, my phone buzzed. My dad telling me he got stuck in traffic and that I should put the food away before it spoils.

Neither Blake and I had any of it, probably not a good thing. Also, the empty tubs of ice cream scattered on the floor probably weren't the best idea either.

"I completely forgot about that," Blake called as I grabbed the food bag. "Oops."

"Don't worry about it. We gained at least a pound of ice cream which is worth it. Based on our circumstances."

"Two broken hearted friends and a dog." Blake then said.

The word friend stuck with me for awhile. Friends. That's all we're gonna be.

"You should probably get going, it's late," I say.

"We're only an hour in," Blake says, pointing to the television screen.

"We have a final tomorrow in math." I reminded him.

"Gross!" He intimidating me from earlier tonight.

"Agreed." I grinned.

"How about I just stay here?" He suggests.

I hesitated for a bit. "Stay here?"

"Yeah."

"You literally live across the hallway." I chuckle. Even though it wasn't supposed to be funny, more like a fact. I can't have Blake sleeping over at Mt house. Especially not now while my emotions are all over the place. That our emotions are all over the place.

"I'm trying to be a better friend. And the most friendish thing is a sleepover." He smiles like a child.

"We're eighteen."

"Slumber party."

"Oh my god, that's even. worse." I laugh.

"When was the last time you had a slumber party?" He asks.

"When I was like twelve," I tell him. "And it wasn't even a party, but me and Rebecca obsessing over boy bands."

"You're missing out." He stands up. I could see Koda give him the dog version of death glares. If there is any.

"We're not sleeping over," I say sternly.

"Why not?" He took a step closer to me.

"Because."

He raised his eyebrows waiting for the excuse I had to come up with.

"We're two heartbroken friends and a dog," I say, turning the tables on him.

"Aren't that what two heartbroken friends do though? Talk trash and what ever made them heartbroken?" He says. Probably because that always happens in the movies and such.

I groaned in frustration. "Fine, but you get the floor."

"Deal." He smiles.

"And we are not gonna talk about our feelings, agreed?"

"Why not? Gotta get the whole heartbroken experience. We can cross ice cream off the list already."

I didn't say anything. I just walked away with a smile on my face. This is not how I imagine the day to go at all.

Today we were just two heartbroken friends who got screwed over. Tomorrow I will confess my feelings to Blake Hunt. Just like how I promised Rebecca.