Chapter 16: Callioneil- Explanation

I take a moment to mull over what I need to tell my grandmother before going back downstairs. However, just before I leave the room, for some reason, I grab the jeweled chest with the blue-grey faberge egg that has the orange egg nestled inside of it. Slowly, I walk downstairs, hugging the chest to my stomach. I step into the living room to find my grandmother sitting on the couch, waiting for me, with Sekret hogging the rest of the couch, completely stretched out. Instead of shooing Sekret off the couch so I can sit, I move to sit down in the armchair across from my grandmother. Then I take a moment to think, going over what I am going to say. I am so wrapped up in my thoughts that when my grandmother speaks, I jump slightly.

"So, who is that young man?"

"Babushka, I don't even know where to start."

"Then start at the beginning. How did you meet him?"

"I'm still making sense of what happened but . . . I can give what I think happened, even though you would have to get the full story from him. To sum it up, I . . . died and I'm in this weird place, all misty and there is this man coming toward me and he's stopped by something and from behind me, there is this voice. Then I wake up in the hospital and they tell me I had a heart attack at sixteen. A little while after I am released from the hospital, the night before I come here to stay with you, I wake up and there are these chests all over my room and there are gifts inside, with notes from someone named K. Just now, in my room, I learned that his name is Kaienan - Kai. Somehow, I think he saved me when it . . . happened."

My grandmother blinks for a moment, processing all the information. "I want to meet him, find out his side of the story. And come here." I schoolchild over to her and she folds me into her side through a tight embrace, giving me a minute to relish in the comfort she provides. "Now, what is that, in your lap?"

I pull the necklace off from around my neck and find the golden key, using it to unlock the jeweled chest. I open it and lift out the Fabergé egg that was nestled inside, carefully lifting open the top of it. I slide the orange egg out of it before cradling it within my cupped palms. When my grandmother sees it, she gasps.

"What is it Babushka?"

Her voice is barely audible. "Zhar-ptitsa."

"What?"

Her hands shaking, she reaches over to gently touch it before she glances back up at me. "This is a Zhar-ptitsa egg."

——————————————————————————————-
Who knows what a Zhar-ptitsa is? What are your thoughts on this chapter?

I'm sorry it took me so long to publish this chapter(just over a year) and I'm sorry that it is so short, but I wanted to get it out there.

The reason it has been so long is because I really lost faith and dedication in this story because I had no indication that anyone liked it or even wanted to read it. So I stoped writing or even looking at it for a long time. I'm sorry. I know I probably let some of you down. This is one of the reasons why I comment and vote on stories, so that they get the encouragement they need to continue writing. So I'm giving my thanks to Bella_Hawk and FrenchieLove1234. Kat, without you telling me that you were hooked onto this story, I honestly don't know when I would have updated this story again, if I ever did. Because of you, this story is back in my heart and mind and I won't give up on it. Frenchie, thank you for that wonderful in-line comment on that book(you know the one). It really warmed my heart and gave me even more encouragement to continue this book. It's part of the reason why I'm publishing this now instead of waiting a while because it proved to me that there are people who do want to read it and do really love it. I already knew Kat before she told me, but to hear it from a stranger was an enormous impact on my mindset and the spot this story has in me. I would give you a chapter dedication, but I think I can only give one per chapter and it's already going to Kat. Both of you, thank you so much for giving me the encouragement I needed. Virtual hugs to you both.

~Goddess of Fate, signing out