Chapter 15: Kaienan- We Meet Again

I decide to go visit Calli again. On my way to her house, I feel her energy coming from a different area and I stop and materialize on a sidewalk, confused. Why is she not at her house? I focus on her energy and transport myself again.

I materialize in her room and take a moment to look around in awe. It looks like a forest and is painted so realistically that I almost believe we are actually in one. Then I focus on Calli again. She is putting a medium sized box into the large chest I gave her. I wonder what was in that box?

Once she locks the chest and puts it away, I speak with a hint of laughter in my voice. "I see you heeded my advice." She shrieks, spins around, and scuttles away from me, almost tripping over her own feet in the process.

The door bangs open and an older woman races into the room, a puppy at her heels. She is probably Calli's grandmother or great-grandmother. She sees me, shrieks, and runs over to Calli.

She whispers to Calli. "Who is this boy? Why is he here?" Boy? I'm not a mere boy! I am lord Kaienan!

Calli rests a hand on her grandmother's shoulder and says "I'll tell you later, alright Babushka? I promise." Her grandmother slowly and warily leaves the room, dragging the dog by it's collar.. Calli turns to me and asks "Is there anything I'm supposed to call you, or should I just keep calling you 'K'? And why, and how do you always keep disappearing on me?

I answer after a moment of thought, because want to give anything important away just yet. "My name is Kaienan, but you can call me Kai. As for the second question, I'm afraid I can't answer that, at least not yet."

She sighs. "Very well." Then she perks up. "Will you at least visit more often? I want to be able to talk to you."

I smile. "Alright Calli. I'll visit you more often." She mumbles something as I transport away. I wonder if she found out her great-grandmother's secret yet?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you like it? What do you think Calli will tell her grandmother?

~Goddess of Fate, signing out