"Hmm, I haven't seen this one from the PokeDex," Sycamore stated. "Could this mean it's a new kind of Pokemon?"

He tried to touch Squishy, but he backed away and swatted his hand with his tail. But nevertheless, Professor Sycamore kept on touching him.

"It's just as you described, he does feel squishy," Sycamore chuckled.

"That's how he got his name," Bonnie remarked.

Although Squishy was getting annoyed with Professor Sycamore, he finished with his examination.

"What do you think, Professor Sycamore?" I asked.

"I can't say anything for sure yet, but... ever since you showed him to me the other day, I've sent inquiries to multiple research institutions, including the other regional professors here," Sycamore stated. "But there's no record of a Pokemon like Squishy anywhere."

Professor Sycamore used a cotton swab to extract cells from Squishy.

"Once I investigate his cells on a genetic level, I'll be able to draw any conclusions. And of course, I will send Squishy's data to the other professors, too."

"Just... what are you, Squishy?" Bonnie looked at him.

~~~~~~~~~~

(Third Person View)

While Ash and the others were focused on Squishy's examination, Gary and Leafia talked to Yellow in private.

Leafia spoke, "So this is the little one who escaped from Silver, right?"

"Yes, and I was able to read pieces of his thoughts, too," Yellow replied.

"What did you see, Yellow?" Gary inquired.

"Well... I promised I wouldn't say anything about what I saw in his thoughts, and after what happened yesterday..." Yellow hesitated.

Leafia stroked Yellow's head. "I understand you don't want to break promises, but... what if this is somehow connected to his disappearance?"

Yellow's eyes widened in surprise.

"He's your reason for attending this academy, Yellow," Leafia stated. "Isn't your top priority to find him? If so, then we need any kind of information available from you as well."

Although Yellow doesn't want to lose her trust with Squishy, she needs to cooperate with her friends on their investigation.

"Okay, I'll make an exception just once, but let's talk about this with Silver at the Rocket Lounge."

~~~~~~~~~~

(Ash's POV)

"As much as I'd like to stay and chat, I'm going to start on my own research on Squishy right away," Gary announced.

"Alright, we'll see you tomorrow at the beach," I said.

"Let's go, my lovely assistants~" Gary said jokingly to Leafia and Yellow.

"I didn't really sign up for this," Leafia sighed.

"Since when did I become your assistant, too?" Yellow complained.

After they left the laboratory, Serena approached me with a concerned expression on her face.

"Don't you feel left out sometimes, Ash?" Serena inquired.

"What makes you think that, Serena?" I questioned.

"Even though you're childhood friends, they always seem to exclude you from hanging out with them, and well..." she stopped. "Sorry, it's rude of me to be questioning your friendship with them."