Memory Six

The best girlfriend I can remember Drew having was BreAnne. They started dating the last year that Drew was in town before he left for Arizona. I wanted to hate her because I was in love with Drew of course, but I couldn't she was just way too nice. I mean she really was.

   And since Drew spent so much time over our house, she started to too and there was no escaping her. I had to watch them kissing, hugging, and flirting and not say anything. It was hell until one day when BreAnne and I actually had real conversation besides just saying hi to each other. I was sitting on my bed reading a J-14 Magazine (I was 13 then and obssessed with them) when she came in and sat on the bed next to me. I was gonna tell her off because she just came in my room without asking but then she said something really nice to me. "Sky you're so pretty. Do you know that?" she asked me.  I sat there in awe for a second before closing my magazine and turning to her.

"Are you serious?" I asked looking at her.

"Of course. Why would I be lying?" she says going over to my dresser. She picks up my hairbrush comes up to me and just starts brushing my hair like an older sister would do.

"Do you have a boyfriend?" she wants to know.

"No." I tell her leaving out the fact that boys liked me but I was waiting for Drew.

"It's ok honey. Boys are so immature. In a couple of years you won't be able to keep them away from you." she laughs.

From then on I considered her one of my friends. I  finally had a girl to hang out with. She did my nails, my hair, makeup, and we went shopping together. Drew joked about me stealing his girlfriend. All was good.

   Until about a month before Drew left. He turned absolutely positively weird. He hardly came over anymore and even Joseph the slowest one of us all knew something was up. One day while BreAnne and I were watching MTV, Drew came over out of nowhere. I hadn't seen him in over a week so I was kind of surprised. "Can I talk to you?" he said to BreAnne. They both walked outside and I sat there wondering what was going on. It was nerve wrecking waiting for them to come back.

Ten minutes later, Drew came in, only he sort of sprinted up the steps so it was kind of blur. I knew something was up. Two minutes after that BreAnne came in with tears streaming down her face. "What happened?" I wanted to know. She just shook her head. "Sky I have to go. Don't worry about it, it's nothing."

"BreAnne..." I start but she's already out the door. For a moment I hate Drew for whatever he said to her. I walk up the steps about to tell him off when I notice the room to MY bedroom is closed. I open the door and see him sprawled across my bed. He's lying on his stomach looking down at the floor so he doesn't notice when I come in.

"Drew? Why are you in here?" I want to know. He wipes his eyes and looks up at me. I can tell he'd been crying. "Sorry Sky, I just needed to be alone. I knew Joseph wouldn't understand." I knew in my heart something was wrong because Drew was no wimp. I  think I saw him cry like twice since I'd known him and one of the times was when his grandmother died. Before I could think about it, I was hugging him. It was a tight hug and it wasn't the kind of hug I wanted to get from him. it was one that I knew he needed. I fell in love with him all over again because I knew he needed me. I comforted him and tried to get him to talk about it, but he wouldn't do much of it so I just let him cry on my shoulder.

Eventually after all the tears were out, I could tell he hadn't slept in days. His eyes had bags and he looked kind of dazed. Not as cute as he usually looked. "Drew, get some rest ok?" I say running my fingers through his hair. I had to do it that one time while he was vulnerable and wouldn't notice. I'm about to walk out of the room when I hear him say, "Thanks Sky."

"For what?"

"For being there for me." I smile before walking out of the room and shutting the door behind myself.

My Brother's Best FriendOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara