Tears

I'm crying and I can feel the tears tickling my face as they roll down my cheeks. I watched Drew get into the cab. No explanation, he was just gone. I fell to the ground. My vision blurred by the tears. I felt as if I'd gone blind. All of this was for nothing. This whole summer was a lie. It hurt unlike anything else. My first love was gone...

And that's when I saw the cab stop in the middle of the street. And that was when I saw Drew running towards me. I was hopeful. He was breathing hard when he finally reached me and lifted me off the ground kissing me like he never had.

"Don't cry Sky, please don't cry.” he whispered over and over in my ear. I wanted to stop but I couldn't. He wiped the tears off of my face and grabbed my hand. "I love you. I love you like I've never loved another girl and I always will but this just isn't going to work. Maybe when you graduate, we can try this again. You're just too young right now. It just doesnt feel right leaving you here while I go off to college. I'll think about you everyday while I'm there. Do you understand why we need this?” Even though I didn't want to understand, I did. I nodded and he holds me closely. We laid in the grass after that just holding each other and kissing. No talking was involved because we already knew what had to be done. The cab driver eventually dropped Drew's luggage off and left frustrated and so Drew had to call for another when it was time. I think my dad saw us outside together but he decided not to say anything. I dont think I would've cared if he had. And when Drew left for good, I didn't cry. I just gave him a long goodbye kiss and sighed. 3 more years and I'd graduate.  Drew and I would have our time.