Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Brodie’s Pov

All that was running through my mind was friend’s friend friends beeping like a massive McDonalds glowing sign with bells and whistles telling me not to move from friends. But oh how I was so tempted. She looked amazing. The dance wasn't formal as such and was nothing compared to what people wore to prom but everyone still made the effort. The faded pink dress ruffled up but clung to her perfect curvy hips. She played with the bracelet in between her fingers. I loved the converse though. They had fold down flaps and had laced them up loose affective yet simple.

"Brodie where did you get a car, do you even have a license?" crap I was really hoping she hadn't caught on to that fact it was only a five minute ride after all.

"Erm well you see I don't have a licence exactly, Zach lent me his jeep" she looked at me sternly

"You shouldn't be driving if you don't have a license, he lent you his jeep his beloved jeep really" she asked her eyebrow cocked

 "Yeah I know, we’ll catch lift home if you want? Well I begged and he bribed"

"Okay then" she nodded smiling.

We arrived at the school. Considering the dance was in the gym they seemed to have switched on every other light for us.

"Stay" I told her

"I'm not a dog you know"

I ran around to the other side of the jeep, opening the door. She sat slightly shocked.

"You do realise, I have not yet lost function of my hands" she said waving them in my face.

"Shut up and act like a girl for at least one night shortie"

"Fine, so Oh my god I saw this cutest purse in the store and guess who else was buying it guess you would so not believe-"

"Okay no need you just stick to you"

"Thought so much" she chuckled

We met Amy, Maddie, Blake Caleb Leo and Parker at the door. Caleb was holding Middies’ hand and Leo was swinging Amy's so fast I thought it would fall off.

"Leo man you’re a runner and all but you know slow down or her hand will drop off"

I felt a hand in mine and glanced down to look. I looked back up to Sam

"I didn't want you to feel left out" she shrugged

"I don't feel left out" I smiled happy; she wasn't moving her average sized hand in my huge one.

"Right chicks let's move I've got some whores to bang" Parker grinned rubbing his hands together pushing open the front door and near enough running to the gym. Blake's crutches clicked annoyingly behind us. I turned round to look at him

"Look dude if I could stop em I would you'd think you'd be use it by now" he moaned. I doubt he was exactly happy with the arrangement. Last time I was at his I saw a massive red circle on the calendar on his release date' which was a week early but who was gonna tell.

We walked through the door to the gym and people swarmed around everywhere. As I suspected some had made too much of an effort others had made none at all. At the back the stage was set up with the band playing and a Dj table set up for later on in the evening. To the right in front of the space where the bleachers should have been was a row of food enough to feed a king. Tables and chairs were scattered around. The room was jumping with the strum of the bands guitars.

"Where are all the juniors" She asked into my ear

"They had a smaller one last week we get our own because we bring alcohol. She smiled in delight probably thinking of the amount she could get to drink tonight.