Chapter 9

Brodie POV

The next two week passed quickly. Settling into classes was ok despite being tedious. We had a meeting for football and decided that training was to be the following Tuesday while tryouts would be Monday.

Sam was really cool. Her arm was completely better apparently she was a fast healer and pain didn’t seem to bother her. She was defiantly not a sissy. We spent all lunch planning what we would do tonight, although I wasn’t too happy it was Scott Welkers party which had been postponed twice already because of a last minute parent problem. A party is a party two weeks late of not. Maddie had been selected designated driver karma bit her in the ass for picking to go to the party. It was sure to change at some point. For someone so law abiding she sure like a drink or six.

The guys where getting ready at mine and the girls getting ready at Sam’s as her dad was having a few drinks at a friend’s across town from there Parker would drive us to the party.

“Where the hell are my pants” Blake shouted from downstairs. Blake was having trouble finding his jeans only the fact Caleb was wearing them to piss him off eluded him. I sat down on the desk chair spinning around in circles.

“You all set for tonight man” Caleb nodded towards my stomach. Knowing what he was on about I replied still spinning “Sure am filled up with Oreo’s all day” I smiled confidently.

“You’re going to be on such a low tomorrow with alcohol too” Parker smirked.

“Way to ruin a moment bud! I don’t know it’s a Welker party so drinking will be on the spot decision” I picked up a pen and threw it at him.

“Chill it’s going to be the best way to start school”

“Wow you sound like a girl”

“Guys seriously who took my pants” Blake yelled walking into my room in his boxers. He looked over our blank faces us all trying not to laugh. It was three minutes when he spotted the odd on out was Caleb.

“Asshole” He muttered pulling on the pants.

Eventually we got going pushing my wallet and phone in my pocket and slamming the door behind me to the shouts of Zach to not get my “Ass in jail cause I’m not paying bail”.

We all walked to Sam’s as Parker had left his truck there earlier. The cool evening breeze blew against my face. Light spilled out onto the garden as we reached Sam’s house. Parker ran up the drive and banged on the door. He got no reply so he stuck his head in the door “HEY IT’S US CAN WE COME IN” he must have got a reply cause we all filed through.

Sam stuck her head around the top of the stairs “There’s food in the kitchen, go near the pool you all die” Maddie and Amy’s heads appeared too.

“Look it’s the floating heads from that episode of friends” Caleb joked and all three disappeared while we tucked into the popcorn on the island. Parker checked the door to the deck locked no chance of that then. We all flopped down on the sofa and waited surprisingly. Where only there ten minutes before we heard sound on the stairs.

Blake was first to the door and stopped dead. We all jumped up wondering why seeing the girl dressed up was so jaw dropping it’s not like we hadn’t seen it before. Amy came down first her black hair poker straight wearing a tight red dress. Maddie was behind her wearing staggeringly high heels and a purple dress. Last came Sam she had her long chestnut hair in curls around her face. She was wearing a little black dress that my jaw swing open.

“What is there something on my head” she said swatting her hair.

“No Brady your head is fine let’s go” I said before she noticed I was staring.