Message: Sorry, but I had to go home and shower. My mum's making me some eggs so I should be fine. See you at school. :)

~**~

A pair of feet patter down a flight of maroon carpeted stairs; Zayn was on his way to school, but not before saying his goodbyes. His mother Trisha was organizing some books on a shelf while Safaa was looking through the cabinets for some breakfast.

She pulls out a pack of strawberry pop-tarts in delight to which their father Yaser pulls them out of her hands and throws the sugary junk in the trash.

He scoffs, "You're another Zayn in the making," and hands her an orange instead. Safaa sighs and sits at the table to eat the fruit she was given.

"Oh Zayn, would you like some breakfast dear?" asks Trisha while walking over to him.

"No thanks, I'll just grab an apple," he answers back while grabbing an apple out of the fruit basket.

Zayn couldn't believe his parents didn't notice that he snuck out last night. He was completely fine though going unpunished. This just goes to show how oblivious parents can be, especially when their child is fucking starving themselves in front of their own eyes and they don't do anything.

He gives everyone a quick goodbye before heading back to the bus stop once again to attend what every teens doesn't look forward to; school.

~**~

Liam was seated at his usual lunch table, except it wasn't completely usual. His friends weren't in plane sight. He didn't really know where they were, maybe hungover.

His plate was stacked with a bunch of fried food. Liam really loved to eat, and he should be more grateful for his high metabolism or else he'd be larger than an elephant.

He then notices Zayn who was coming his way, and he couldn't help but let a smile spread across his face. There something about Zayn, but Liam was still a little confused on what he wanted; there was someone else...

Zayn spots Liam at a table alone and decides to join him. Before he can, he gets a newly received message. It was strange since no one texted him that often.

From: Unknown

Message: EAT.

Zayn gulps, trying his best to keep down the stomach acid wanting to escape as it tried to channel through his esophagus. He didn't recognize the number; it wasn't in his contacts. He had no option but to fall back on what he did the most; ignore and repress it.

"He Liam, mind if I have a seat?" asks Zayn while fiddling with the apple in his hand.

"Oh, yeah sure."

Zayn gladly takes his seat and instantly is alarmed by all the food on Liam's plate. "Wow, you must really be hungry, yeah?"

"Yeah, that breakfast wasn't enough," explains Liam. He notices the apple that Zayn had set down. "You aren't gonna eat that?"

"Oh, yeah I will." Zayn picks up the fruit and tosses it back and forth between his hands trying to buy time.

Liam arches an eyebrow unconvinced. "Come on Zayn, you should really eat something."

Zayn bites his lip. He hated this. Why did people nag him to eat so much? It was his body, and he knew what he was doing.

"Well, no one cares really." Zayn's face seemed miserable. He didn't like that Liam was trying to get him to open up a little. He had his walls built up for a reason, and no one was suppose to break them down.

"I do." Liam then recoils with his answer. It kind of just slipped out of his mouth like saliva when you're sleeping; you didn't want it to happen, but it just kinda did.

The was a small pause between the two until Niall, Harry, and Louis were seen coming their way. Niall was jumping around like a mad-man calling Liam's name and Louis and Harry were very close together, their shoulders brushing against one another’s.

"I should get going," mumbles Zayn while standing up and shrugging his backpack to one side.

"I'll see ya around?" questions Liam, a little bit of pleading explicit in his tone.

"Yeah, I guess." Zayn then rushes out of the cafeteria, not even stopping for Niall who was about to greet him.

Harry, Louis, and Niall make confused faces. "Why is he in such a hurry?" asks Niall.

Liam shrugs, "M’not sure."

The three take their seats and recap the party last night while Liam sighs, seeing that Zayn has thrown his uneaten apple in the trash on his way out. There was something hidden about Zayn, and Liam needed to put the pieces of this puzzle together.

__________________________________________________________

Okay, hi guys! c:

Hope that was long enough. Excuse how terrible it might of been.

This chapter was dedicated to @b-ieber. She's just adorable and she really helped me grow a better understanding and perception on explaining the character's feelings and what not. Thank you dear.

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN/FOLLOW

-Sahar