Chapter 21: Struggle

I'm not sure how long it had been after the phone call with Zach. Knowing him, he won't give up on finding me. I have to stay strong, but how am I supposed to do that while I'm chained to a wall, getting beaten by my father and raped by my older brother.

Life sucks. Especially for me.

I haven't gotten food since I've been here. Not eating for the past few days hasn't helped either. It's making me see things that I know aren't there. This is the worst that it has been in a long time.

I don't want Zach and whoever else is with him, most likely Diana, to get hurt because of me. My life isn't worth anyone else's, especially theirs.

I heard the door open, but I wasn't sure where it was, considering it was really dark in the room. I assumed it was Mack. Knowing him wanting to get in his pleasurable moments in before daddy dearest arrives.

He doesn't know that I gave Zach the number on the side of the building that I saw, well barely saw anyway. I just hope they can find me in time before something bad happens to me, or before Mack and my father bring someone in that had no part in this in the first place.

Boy was I wrong.

Heavy footsteps walked closer to me. "Well, dear sister seems you now have company." I heard Mack's voice echo off the walls. Wait who was he talking about?

"W-What?" I said stuttering and confused.

He let out a laugh. I heard chains rattle on both sides of me, unaware of who was beside me. For all, I know they could have been a killer, and that's what my so-called family is going to use to get rid of me for good.

A small light was let into the room when Mack opened the door, only for the light to escape as soon as the door was slammed shut, but that light was enough to see who they were and what had happened to them.

It was Iza and Amy. I mean I understood why Iza was there, I mean she practically forced the truth out of me, not physically, but why was Amy here, unless Iza told her as well when she told Zach.

Tears slipped down my face when I saw how broken my friends were. I knew what they were capable of, I just never suspected they would use it on someone else.

I didn't know what to do, but I wanted to get the both of them out of here. They didn't deserve the pain that I deserve. "W-What?" I heard Iza's voice echo throughout the room. I heard the chains she was hooked up to rattle. "Where the hell am I ?" She said and she tried to get out of the chains.

"Iza," I said and that stopped her from moving.

"L-Lena is that you?" I heard her say, her voice trembling a bit.

"Y-Yes it's me, Iza," I said.

"The last thing I remember is that I'm walking towards your house to apologize to you for what happened last night, but then after that, nothing." She explained.

I sighed. "It was Mack," I said to her.

"He was the person who brought you here." My voice trembled as I spoke, afraid someone might hear us.

"Lena, what is going on here? Where are we?" Iza asked, wanting answers.

"I-I don't know Iza. I ran away from Zach's house because his mother invited me over, so I went, expecting him not to be there, and he was. The night before I had an argument with me, no thanks to you anyway and so we weren't on good terms when I saw him. I ended up running out of their house, my final word to them was goodbye."

"I ran into the woods, and since I hadn't been eating or sleeping the past few nights—don't give me that look because I know you are—and so I ended up passing out in the woods. The next thing I knew I woke up in a car, and I could barely make out the numbers on the side of the building before I passed out again. Next thing I know is I'm locked up in here."

I heard Iza's chains rattle as she moved her arms. "Oh, Lena. I'm so sorry, I thought Zach would have helped you. Did he do anything to you?" She asked in a worried tone.

"No, he was just angry at why I didn't tell him, and then he walked away," I told her, a hint of sadness in my voice, but Iza didn't comment on it.

"W-What the hell? Where the fuck am I and why am I chained to a wall?" I heard Amy's voice fill the room.

"Amy." Iza breathed out.

"Iza? What are you doing here? Is there anyone else here I should know about?" Amy said frustrated as she tried to get out of the chains.

"Yeah," I said in a quiet voice.

"Lena? Are you okay? Iza told me what had happened. Why didn't you tell us?" She asked me.

I sighed. "Because I didn't want you guys involved! You guys are my best friends, I didn't want you guys to get hurt because of me! So I didn't tell you!" I said, my eyes filled with tears, but I didn't let any of them fall.

"Oh Lena, you could have told us, we would have helped you." Amy's voice said in a sincere way.

"I know, and that's what I didn't want you guys to do is help me," I said. "I wanted to do it on my own and get out of that hell hole on my own."

I leaned my head against the wall in frustration. "Why are we here?" Amy asked. "And how did I get here?"

I then explained to her the exact same thing I explained to Iza just a few minutes before she had woken up. Why couldn't they have woken up at the same time! It would have been much easier to explain things once rather than twice.

"Lena, we will make it out of here, you hear me!" I heard Amy say with a little confidence in her voice. At least she had some confidence that I had never had in my life, except maybe when I'm yelling at Zach.

I felt my eyes grow heavy. "So tired," I mutter out.

"No! Don't you dare go to sleep on us Lena!" I heard Iza say, but I blocked it out. I said one last thing before I shut my eyes.

"I'm sorry"

- - - E N D   O F    C H A P T E R   2 1 - - -

Okay y'all. So I start school next Thursday, 6 days from now. I'm ready for the school year to begin, but really I'm just ready for it because then I'll have something to do, besides writing for you guys! Even though I love writing, I need a break every once and a while, you get what I mean?  Good. Lol.

Also today I get to see some of my family I haven't seen in forever, even though they live in my area I don't see them often. Just wanted to tell y'all about when I start school and everything.

Also, if school gets too hectic for me I may not upload for awhile, either because I haven't written a chapter, which is very possible right now, or it's because I have a lot of school work to do and I have to study and things. I've got a lot of upper classes (12th grade) like Pre Calculus and English 4, but I'll always find time for y'all. I love y'all! I'll do the best I can to keep going on the same schedule, uploading every Friday, but we'll see how it goes. Hopefully, this story will be complete by December, but I'm not sure. I still have a lot of ideas for this book! 

Well, I've got to get going and get ready to leave, I'll talk to y'all next Friday! Oh and I'll tell you about my first two days of school in next week's post as well.

Love you my Roses!