Rearrangement Reaction

He didn't know how long he just stood there, waiting for her to come back.

When the minutes started to feel like hours, he sat on her bed, elbows to knees, his head cradled in his hands- uncertain of what to do next. All he knows for sure is that he wants to be in her life. And she in his.

Abruptly, he stood up and moved to run after her. He was barely out of her bedroom when he collided into a walking pile of clothes and fell ass first on the floor.

A string of curses then came out from under the toppled walking laundry.

"Aray putangina! Bakit biglang nagkaron ng pader dito sa gitna ng hallway ko? Gago ang sakit. Punyeta nabali ata balakang ko!"

"DEI!"

"JAY!? Ikaw bumangga sakin? Bulag ka ba o sadyang wala lang talagang pagtingin sa dinadaanan? PAANO NA KUNG WALA AKONG DALANG MGA DAMIT!?!"

"You're here. Hindi ka umalis."

"Bakit ako aalis eh dito ako nakatira!?"

He shook his head as he reached into the mountain of clothes to help her get up.

"HOY ANO GINAGAWA MO!?"

"Inaalalayan kang makatayo! Akina kamay mo!"

"HINDI KASI KAMAY YANG HAWAK MO! Ay o pinisil pa talaga. Iba ka, Jay. Hindi na yata dugo ang nananalaytay sa mga ugat mo eh. Harot. Pure, concentrated harot. HINDI SABI KAMAY YAN!"

She pushed herself up from the floor without his help.

"May bukol yata ako, Jay. Kainis!"

"Ako din kaya meron."

She kicked him in the shin.

"Hindi bukol tawag diyan. Bwiset. Kumalma ka nga. Tayo ka na diyan."

"Nakatayo na. Kanina pa."

"Jay, isa. Tigilan mo na yang harot mo please. Mas mabuti pang tulungan mo na lang ako pulutin tong mga damit ko."

He didn't stand up. Instead he scooted closer to the wall and hugged his knees to his chest.

"Ahm... now is not the time to have a moment, Jay. Please help me na. We don't have a lot of time left kung mag-iimpake pa ko ng gamit ko so I can stay with---"

She yelped in surprise when he suddenly stood up and hauled her over his shoulders, spinning madly around in place.

"You're really staying with me!? As in doon ka sa condo ko matutulog ng ilang ar---"

She was starting to get dizzy so she did the only thing she could do.

"ARAY! BAKIT MO KO KINAGAT!?"

"Hilo-hilo na ko okay? Put me down and help me pack."

He did as she asked but instead of getting a move on, he pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her forehead.

"The offer for a lifetime of sleepovers with me will always be on the table, just so you know."

She looked up at him, stood on her toes and kissed him ever so lightly.

"I know. We'll get there soon enough. For now, kilos na tayo para kahit kalahating oras makatulog tayong dalawa before we have to go back to work."

"Kalahating oras lang?"

"So hindi ka haharot pagdating natin sa condo mo?"

"Kilos na Nicomaine. Andaming satsat. Dali na!"

*•*•*•*

Author's note: Un-beta'd. Filler chapter. Torn between cutting this fic short or discontinuing it altogether. Meh.