Catalyst

The pantry was unusually empty, with people opting to eat out because it was a payday weekend and it's when most everybody ditches the cafeteria style offerings to splurge on restaurant food.

Dei loved this time of the month but for different reasons.

Armed with her brownbagged lunch of garlic oil and shrimp pasta, which she can proudly say she prepared herself, she quickly walked over to her favorite corner to eat and watch Tastemade vids on her phone.

"What the effing eff. Ikaw na naman? You're sitting in my spot. That's my spot. Betty naman eh."

The trespasser looked up from his phone, and glared at her while furiously trying to chew and swallow the huge bite of sandwich he just took.

"Kalma lang sa pagnguya, Betty. Baka mabilaukan ka pa, hindi ako marunong nung Hiemlich kemerut. Uminom ka muna bago mo ko paandaran ng kasungitan mo."

"Nisishnyorspa."

"Ansabe? Anong language yan? Mermish? Dothraki? Klingon?"

He raised his finger to signal he needed one more minute before he could properly speak.

She raised an eyebrow, pulled him up and out of the booth, slid in and motioned for him to sit down again.

"I said, this isn't your spot. It belongs to whoever gets here first. And I did. Alam mo kasi ikaw ano ka eh. May pa-Dothraki ka pang nalalaman. If I were speaking in Dothraki, mas nasal and forceful yung delivery. Yung parang laging galit. Kaya nga they're also known as Screamers. Even when they're making love to their women they sound guttural and--- o bakit ka ganyan makatingin?"

"Hindi ka papasang Dothraki, Betty."

"What? Why?"

She leaned closer to him until their faces were only inches apart and cupped his cheek in her hand. He gulped a lungful of air.

"Walang dimples ang Dothraki."

Slightly insulted, he did what any self-respecting horse lord would do. He moved in and with a low groan, kissed her.