Formaldehyde

"Sam, how many agents am I getting from the new batch?"

"Well hello Mr. Jay Faulkerson Junior. How have you been? Haven't seen you around in ages, dude. We were starting to think you left the company without saying goodbye."

He snorted and gave Sam the finger.

"Don't start with me, Gogna. Not now. I've been around, just busy with other stuff."

Sam reached out and ever so gently hit him upside the head.

"Ulul. Wag ako, Faulkerson. You've been busy following Mendoza around like a lovesick puppy. Wag ka na mag-deny. Dangculos has video clips to prove it. Look Jay, we don't mind really, it's about time you stopped being so emo. And I can't say I blame you. Half the prod floor have the hots for your lady. I mean how can they not? She's funny and charming and friendly and kapag ako tinamaan niyang hawak hawak mo, ipe-penalize ko ang buong team mo."

"Gago ka kasi. Anong half the prod floor? Seryoso ka ba? Sino sino yang mga yan?"

Sam pushed away from his station and stood up. He then walked over to the middle of the room and with a sweeping gesture, pointed out several people.

"Half. Kalahati ng whole. Yung buong SME team ni Garcia, yung non-voice support team ni Cruz. Monasterio from workforce. Half the trainer pool thinks she's hot. There's even--- huy! Faulkerson! Where are you going?"

Jay stormed off without looking back at a hugely amused Sam. He walked straight to Dei's station but stopped short when he saw that she was on a call.

He didn't waste more time thinking. He pounded out a series of numbers on her Avaya phone that effectively disconnected her from whoever was on the other line.

"What the--- Jay! I was almost done! Puta naman o. That was a possible kudos call! What's so important that you couldn't wait two more minutes?!"

"Keep your voice down. Wait for me sa pantry. Please, just go there and wait for me. And don't even think about stopping by the SMEs to exchange pleasantries."

She stood up and gathered her things. She then locked her PC and unplugged her headset.

"I'm going home. That was my last call. Kung gusto mo sumunod, you know where I live. I don't know what your problem is, Jay but that is the last time you're doing that to me."

He watched her walk away from him. It was a good minute or two before he realized she called him Jay and not Betty.