The Briggs-Rauscher Reaction

She came up for air first. And to make sure he didn't pull her back under, she all but ran to the kitchen to give both of them time to reassess their priorities in life.

First air, then food, then water then kissing. For her at least. He had a slightly different set of priorities than her and judging by the way he whined when she pulled away from that last one, kissing definitely topped his list.

Kissing her.

She leaned on the fridge and closed her eyes, a ghost of a smile playing on her lips as she basked in the knowledge that she is as vital to him as the air he breathes.

It has been a couple of weeks since he was told he could go home from the hospital. In the days that followed his coming home, they have had a few serious discussions about what had happened and have laid down more ground rules and promises to make sure nothing like that would ever happen again.

She knew he was set to go back to work the next day so she gave in to his request to spend the day pushing their limits.

Her heart almost lept out of her chest when she felt him pull her to lean on his body instead, his arms hugging her from behind, while his lips trailed soft kisses on her shoulder and neck.

"You've been gone too long. I missed you."

"Kumuha lang ako ng tubig. Wait.. ilalagay ko lang tong baso sa sink."

"Noooo..."

"Sandali lang to ano ka b--"

He didn't let her finish.

She didn't feel the need to protest.

With a quick tug, he took her under again. To the place where they didn't need words to tell each other what they felt. Where subtle gasps and urgent touches became the X's that marked the spots and directions on where to go and what to do next.

Where heat licked heat and lips tore unintelligible sounds from their bodies. Where their limits get pushed all the time.

To the place where it was getting harder and harder to leave.

Who needs air anyway?