373.15° Kelvin

She stepped inside the elevator, punched the floor number and closed her eyes as she put her headphones in to listen to Coldplay on her iPod.

She was standing close to the elevator doors when something hit her on the forehead.

"Ay puta. Aray ko ha! Bakit mo ko ninoohan?"

"EOP, Mendoza. And sorry. I didn't mean to hit you. I asked you to hold the elevator more than once but I guess you didn't hear me. I had to run and push my arm in between the doors just so I can get in. How was I supposed to know you were standing right there?"

She turned off her iPod and looked at him.

"Unang una, nasa elevator pa tayo. Wala pa tayo sa prod floor kaya EOP mo yang mukha mo. Second, anim ang elevators ng building. Di mo kailangang manuntok ng tao para makasakay dito sa particular na elevator na to. Pangatlo, lintik lang ang walang ganti."

Before he could even react, she tapped him hard on the forehead.

"Aray!"

He glared at her before checking himself out on the elevator's reflective panels. Satisfied that she didn't leave a mark, he turned to face her again.

"Alam mo ikaw, sira rin ulo mo eh no?"

"EOP, Betty."

Before he could say anything more, the elevator door opened and he wordlessly watched her blow him a kiss and walk away.