Sulphur

The moment she stepped inside her tiny apartment she went straight to her oversized couch and curled up into a ball.

She was exhausted.

Her resolve to step out of her shell always left her drained at the end of the day but she never forgot her promise. It's why she's determined to conquer her fears. To overcome her shyness.

A promise is a promise is a promise, she thought to herself.

She got up from the couch and started getting ready for bed. Absentmindedly, she took off her clothes and flung them towards her overflowing clothes hamper.

A not so subtle growl from her stomach reminded her that she hasn't eaten much so she rummaged through her fridge and found the leftover pizza. A couple of minutes later she took the reheated pizza and a bottle of water over to her cozy French window and ate in silence.

She thought back to what happened at work and chuckled to herself. If only he knew how deathly scared she was when she called him out for being a douche. That wasn't her. The real her would've obediently shut up and sat down.

But again, she promised. So she'll keep standing up for herself.

She set the timer to her AC unit- the only luxury she allowed herself and snuggled under her covers.

The last thing on her mind before sleep took over was how he looked way better when he smiled.