Chemical Burn

It was one of those rare workdays where she had to come
in earlier than him. She had back to back meetings to discuss the influx of new people and how their training schedules would be affected.

Two hours later, the meetings finally ended and she went to the pantry to get a snack before she tackled the day's workload.

As she was browsing through the pastry selection she heard someone clear their throat.

"Hindi naman nila sinabi sakin na madaming maganda dito sa 27th floor. Are you an agent? Workforce? Team Lead?"

She cocked her hip and raised an eyebrow.

"Let me guess. You're the new APM from 24th?"

A grin that can only be described as lecherous almost split the guy's face as he unabashedly continued checking her out.

"My reputation precedes me talaga. I hope you only believe the good things and not the bad. By the way my name is Julian. And you are?"

"Not impressed."

A loud whoop accompanied by thunderous applause broke out in the room and then she was suddenly flanked by Jerald, Sam and Kris.

It was Kris who spoke first.

"Hoy San Jose, di uubra yang karakas mo dito kay Dei. She's ten times smarter than eight of you combined so she's immune to your moves. Na incidentally pare, bulok pa sa bulok."

The new guy took a step back, his face flushed red and scowling.

"Ayos ah. Hulaan ko, konektado kay Faulkerson yang binabakuran niyo no? Tssss. He still can't fight his own battles. I just struck up a conversation. Last I checked, walang mali sa ginawa ko. Chill lang kayo. And you Dei, I'll see you around."

She shot her arm out to prevent a lunging Jerald from landing a punch on the new guy's sneering face.

"Two things. One, you don't get to call me Dei. That name is reserved for friends. And people that don't make me want to throw up at first sight. Two, you will never measure up to the man that is Richard Faulkerson Jr. Not even a little bit."

And as if they'd done it a hundred times before, all four of them, Dei, Sam, Je and Kris, turned on their heels and left the room, heads held high and laughing their asses off.

*•*•*•*

Author's note: I had a hard time writing today because MaiChard decided to shower us with IG stories and an IG live to boot. Akala ko talaga katapusan ko na! Charot.