Caution! You May Die

Start from the beginning

"Whatever do you mean?" Xen faked an innocent smile

"Izzy's right, you're not much of a morning person. One time I tired to wake you and you threatened to cut me into pieces, burn me, and eat my ashes with milk for breakfast" Jace Lightwood was Xen's instructor. He used to help Clary for a short amount of time but things turned weird when she turned out to be his sister. Not going to lie, Xen was enjoying the drama, nothing interesting ever happened at the New York Institute.

"Now that you mention it, maybe I do feel a little happy" Xen smirked at Jace. "I don't have to train today"

Xen rummaged through the donuts to find her favorite flavor. There were glazed, chocolate, chocolate with sprinkles, strawberry, and— "oh! Jelly! My favorite. It makes me feel like a vampire. Speaking of vampires, where is our dearest Raphael? Haven't seen him in a while"

"You know Raphael?" Jace's sist—Clary, Clary asked. She had met Raphael outside Hotel Dumort when she tried to safe her best friend who got turned into a rat.

"Know him? She is in love with him" It was Alec who answered the question. "Ever since she read a mundane book about vampires, she has been begging him to turn her into one"

"Everyone has done stupid things in the past, or do we not remember Jace's eyeliner phase" Xen said as she tried to suck the jelly out of the donut like a vampire but failed miserably. Instead of going in her mouth, the jelly was oozing out of the sides.

"I thought we were not going to mention that!" Jace grumpily yelled

"No one is blaming you for your choices Jace, no matter how awful they were. We are all grown, just like how I no longer beg Raphael to turn me into a living dead"

"If I remember correctly, that was like a week ago"
********************************************
Xen Goldscar sat in room this afternoon. She didn't have to train today so she didn't know what else to do with her free time. She had an odd room, she was an odd girl, though everybody is odd. Her room was dimly lit pink, so dimly lit that it would strain your eyes. Lucky for her she was a Shadowhunter that can use vision runes. All of the Witchlight illuminating her room were covered in clear pink plastic that she picked up from a mundane store. It was a clever purchase as it gave the room a pink glow. All her furniture had been black, and her room was filled with crystals and stones that she picked up from a little vintage shop down the street. She liked that little vintage shop, it fooled mundanes into thinking that the stones and crystals will take their worries away. Whenever she went to that vintage store, she would see strangers walking in and eyeing the crystals, hoping that they could keep them safe. But most of them never bought them because they were too expensive for just rocks. Xen believed that once you are enchanted by a stone like that, enough to go near it and admire it, all of your dreams get trapped inside it. So, she bought the stones for people who wouldn't. I'll keep your dreams safe with me.

Someone knocked on her door, pulling her away from her thoughts. "Come in to my lair" she announced.

"Please stop calling it your lair" Alec peeked his head in. He looked like he had showered and gotten into a new pair of clothes. "I brought you this"

He tossed a Codex onto her bed where she sat, and naturally she hissed at the sight of it. "Get that away from me!"

"A little knowledge won't hurt you" he rolled his eyes.

"I already know what's in that book. Runes, weapons, whoosh-whoosh, Parabatais are really great. See? I already know everything" Whoosh-whoosh here symbolizes fighting.

"I can assure you whoosh-whoosh doesn't appear once in the text" Alec walked in and sat himself on the bed next to Xen.

"I just think it would be a polite gesture to mention: caution! You may die. And we may use your ashes to build a creepy ass home for our creepy ass Silent Brothers, which is conveniently also a prison. But don't worry! By putting your ashes in the pillars where prisoners live, we are honoring you"

"You're making it sound dreadful"

"Because it is!" She cried. "Did you know in Hinduism, they burn their dead and spill their ashes in a river to honor them? While we do that when a Shadowhunter has done something shameful. We have so many similarities to the Hindu culture. They wear white when someone dies, so do we. And—"

"Clam down there, Ghandi" Alec interrupted her. She didn't appreciate that very much, it isn't every day she gets to be philosophical. "Luke has asked you to help him with his book store"

"Really? He asked for me?" Xen exclaimed, it wasn't everyday people asked her for help. She has a bit of a reputation for ruining things.

"Not you personally, or anyone, he was just saying he has a lot to do this afternoon and can't help us, so I said you would be happy too"

"Oh," she said in a very monotone voice. "To quote what you said to me this morning 'I no longer do things that make me want to kill myself'"

"Luke has been very helpful with Valentine, the least we can do is help him fix few things around his shop" that wasn't convincing Xen enough, Alec knew he had to pull the big guns out. "There is a T.V."

"Fine, I will do it. But just so we are clear, I am doing this for the T.V. and not because I am compassionate"

"There was no confusion about that"
********************************************

The work that Luke gave her wasn't that hard. She just had to make sure everything was in alphabetical order. Nothing too hard, she was done in few minutes, though she didn't look very hard. Luke had gone away for a meeting with his pack, so she was alone in his house. Alec was right, he did have a T.V. but he forgot to mention that it didn't work. That little son of a gun! Xen always finds a way to keep herself occupied, she learned that at a very young age. She was a only child and she never really had any friends. It wasn't until she got to the New York Institute that she broke out of her shell a little bit.

She looked around Luke's bookshop and found a bright red book that caught her attention. She pulled it out and sat on a comfy white bean bag chair. The book turned out to be more interesting than she thought. It was about a human girl falling in love with a robot. They were happy and in love until a vampire broke them apart. It would make more sense if the robot was with the vampire, they both would live forever. I don't get why everyone one is after that robot, Xen thought, we don't know if he is even capable of true feelings. And if he does have feelings, he is probably planing the demise of the human race. He is probably the just using those poor girls. I think they should just forget the robot and date each other. A happy vampire—human bond. The vampires and human could then work together when the robots take over.

Suddenly, she felt ground underneath her rumble. The shelves in the bookstore were shaking, but not enough that the books would fall out. An earthquake in New York? That was unlikely, but unlikely doesn't mean impossible. Xen knew that when an earthquake is happening you should hide under a table or a chair. But Xen was so scared that she froze and curled into a ball on the ground.

After a minute or two that shaking stopped. Xen opened her eyes and everything was still in its rightful position. She got up and let out a sigh of relief. Just then she heard someone's voice echo through her.

"Xen Goldscar" it said. She followed it and looked out the back window. She eyes widen as she saw a giant rising from the lake that was by Luke's backyard.

"Raziel" she gasped

He should really wear a sign that says: Caution! You may die.