Chapter 14

3 months later

-

India

"Bye baby, bye ma" I said leaving August's mom's house. Ella loves being over there. She's all she talks about.

I got in the car and shot August a text and told him I was on the way home. These last months have been cool. Now that Dre was gone I could finally get my life back on track.

I haven't talked to my mom in forever and I was kinda worried about her. I pulled up to the house and turned my car off and stayed in the car.

I rubbed my face and put my head on the steering wheel. Yes she hit me and yes she kicked me out but shes my mom. Before my dad left her she was fine. After that, the drugs rolled in. They changed her mentally and sorta physically.

I don't know if I want to go and check on her or just say fuck it. I sighed and got out the car and dragged myself in the house.

I didn't want to drown August in my problems so I got myself together.. well I tried.

"You been inna drive way fa 10 minutes I was 'bout to come check on ya" August said pecking my lips. I kissed him back and forced a smile.

"Whats wrong?"

"Nothing just tired" I said and sat on the couch.

"You slept tha day away India. What's really wrong?" he asked and sat next to me.

I sighed and told him about me going to check on my mom. "I mean if you really want to.. go ahead" he told me.

"I guess, I'll go tomorrow morning" I told him. "Can you come with me?"

He nodded and I hugged him. "Thanks"

-

The next day

I threw my hair into a quick ponytail and made my way downstairs.

"Took you long enough" August said rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorryyy. " I apologized and pecked his lips.

We were heading out to go see my mom.

We got in his car and we made our way there. When we got to the house August parked and we got out the car.

I took a deep breath and August grabbed my hand. We went to the door and rang the doorbell and waited for an answer. August stood off to the side so that she wouldn't see him.

A man opened up the door and looked me up and down. "Uhh is-" I started.

"Yes I am come in" he said and grabbed my hand.

"Wait what?" I said and pulled away.

August came over to me and made me stand behind him. "Yo the fuck you think you doin?" he said to the man.

"My bad my bad" he said putting his hands up in surrender. "I was.." he cleared his throat. "Expecting somebody." he said.

Wow I said to myself. A damn prostitute.

"Yea well she not the one so don't put yo hands on ha. She lookin for ha moms. She use to live here not too long ago" August told him.

"She got kicked out" he told us.

"Well do you know where she went?" I asked.

"Nah" he told me and I just walked away.

The car ride home was silent.

August put a reassuring hand on my thigh and squeezed it. "I'm okay August.. I just wanted to make sure she's okay."

"She'll be fine India" he told me and I nodded.

"Thank you for everything" I thanked him.

"No problem." he told me. "No problem at all."

-

i literally haven't updated in forever 😩. i have writers block lol. if you have ideas for this story message me!!!!!