Chapter 13

India's POV

"So what happened when you went over there?" August asked me.

I told him everything and when I was done I couldn't even look at him. He had his jaw clenched and pushed me off his lap gently.

"So did ya'll fuck?" he asked me.

"No! I don't know. I don't think we did." I said looking at him. "August I'm sorry. I woke up naked but I don't think we did. I woke up in no pain" I told him.

August got up and started putting on his shirt and shoes. "Where are you going" I asked him. He ignored me and started looking for his keys.

"August" I said and grabbed his arm. He snatched it away from me and grabbed his keys.

"Don't go do nothing to him please" I said following him hot on his trail. He turned around to me.

"You still luh him?" he asked me looking me in my eyes.

"No but-" I started.

"Then stay out my business" he told me and left. I sighed and went upstairs to check on Ella. She was sound asleep so I went back downstairs and turned on the TV and started looking for a movie to watch.

I turned on honey trap and started watching it until I drifted off to sleep.

A few minutes later I felt light taps on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw Ella standing in front of me.

"Mommy!" she said and started crying which made me cry. "Hey baby" I said and picked her up.

I took her in the kitchen and started making her some food. "I want a grilled cheese" she said quietly.

I nodded and started making it. I sat her plate in front of her and poured her some juice. When she finished eating we sat in the living room and watched movies all day.

******
Two days later

Coming back in the house I carried Ella. We had a long day at the mall and park. It was 8 something so I made her a bath and got her ready for bed.

Since August disappeared me and Ella have been sleeping in August's room. I watched Ella climb in the bed and then I went to go take a shower.

After my shower I brushed my teeth and stuff. I put on a tank top and put some boy shorts on. I climbed in the bed next to Ella careful not to wake her up and fell asleep.

I kept tossing and turning because the thought of August wouldn't leave my mind. I got out the bed and went downstairs in the kitchen and got some water.

It was pitch black in the house and I didn't feel like turning on the lights so I kept tripping over stuff. I heard someone at the front door and I immediately got scared.

The door swung open and August walked in. He didn't see me so I tiptoed up the stairs and got in the bed. I heard him coming up the stairs and come in the room.

It got quiet for a couple of seconds until I heard him taking Ella out the bed and putting her in her room I assumed.

August's phone started vibrating and he picked it up.

"Wassup man" he said to whoever he was talking to.

"I took care of him already. He's dead bruh" August said and let out a chuckle. My heart dropped because I knew he meant Dre.

"Yeah ill hit you up tomorrow" August said hanging up the phone. He went in the bathroom and a few minutes later I heard the shower on.

I just laid there knowing a guy I use to love is now dead because of me.