The stand-off

"I AM JIM. You know me as the man from tech, who is always there, fixing up your mistakes in your products. WELL I HAVE HAD ENOUGH! All I do all day, every day is mend some snobby kids broken model ! Do I ever get any thanks??? OF COURSE NOT. No one pays any attention to the 'lowly tech assistant'. This is what you get for constantly ignoring me, never even acknowledging my presence!" He leaves a dramatic pause for effect. I try to run, but my butt is rooted to the spot and it feels like I've been glued down with superglue. "I have now put into action my carefully laid plans for world domination. You are the only thing that is in the way of me and achieving my goal. I do not know what kind of magic you posses that made my evil machine malfunction on you, but it does not matter. I shall kill you in person, here and now!" I was tempted to burst out laughing, but quelled my urge as I realised he was serious.

From his belt, he pulls out a coping saw from tech and brandishes it wildly. I watch the lightning glinting off the silver blade. He was edges closer to us, a mad look painted on his face. Everyone is yelling at the top of their voices, but can not attract anyone's attention. "It's no use, nobody can hear you!" He sneers gleefully. Raising the saw high above his head, he smirks horribly. I brace myself for the end, but to my great surprise, nothing happens. In the time I had my eyes closed, Annabell had spat out her glob of rowntrees randoms. It spatters in his face and he steps back, aghast. "ARGH! IT BURNS!" He shrieks "GET IT OFF!" slowly sliding down his cheeks, is a gooey red ball that is using Annabell's saliva as an adhesive. One word escapes his lips, "OH!"

His nose seems to shrivel slightly as the sweets sink in. I'm flabberghasted, what the hell is going on?? Boils are sprouting in clusters about his face and he starts to look exceedingly repulsive. Suddenly, there's a retching sound from behind me and I watch as Lily vomits. YUK, I think. Hannah seems more worried about the pile of sick lying on the grass next to her than this power hungry moron threatening to kill her. "I'M ALLERGIC TO GELATIN" Jim hollered. "It's my one weakness! This is fighting dirty" He does several backflips backwards, away from us, which I'm shocked by - he's very flexible for a man of his stature. "You may have one this round, but I'll be back!" He warns before disappearing in a puff of smoke.....

***************************************

I'm starting to feel a little wierd. I mean who wouldn't, the last half an hour hasn't exactly been normal, but I'm really feeling strange. I can feel my blood pumping around my temples and my vision is going slightly hazy. I think I'm aware of swaying slightly (not deliberately). "Ghis! This is no time for dancing!" Hannah snaps upon seeing my inadvertant movements. Attempting to reply, I open my mouth, but nothing comes out. Instead, funny black spots come up in front of my eyes. The dark patches are spreading and occupying my entire eyesight. Without warning, my knees give way and I collapse onto my duvet.

Someone is tickling my face. Are they? I didn't know my face was ticklish. They keep doing it, though. I gradually open my eyes. Sophie is kneeling over me, brutally slapping me over the face. I knew it! My face isn't really ticklish. "AAAH!" I squeal. Sounding a bit croaky, I shout at her, "What was that for?" there's a clear sign of accusation in my voice. She gasps a sigh of relief, "phew, guys, she's awake!"  she turns back to me. "Don't scare us like that again!". I prop myself up on one elbow. "What the hell is going on?!!?" I inquire "I just had the wierdest dream. You'll never guess what, Jim was in it! And half the tent blew away..... Wait, where is our tent?" I see Georgia's face peek into view. She is wearing a very awkward expression. "Well, there you have it, really. The thing is, that wasn't actually a dream" She says. " I laugh out loud. I can see she's joking. Right? "So you're saying Jim, our tech-assisstant, just randomly pops up at our sleep over and pretends to be some super hero. Come on, how stupid do you think I am?" I look over to my right. Lily is lying there, looking very pasty. And then I see it. On the grass outside the compartment is a small pile of sick. "OH MY GOD...... It wasn't a dream" I groan.

"For god's sake, why the hell are we still out here?" Annabell shouts. I agree. Slowly, we stand up and trudge through the dewy grass up to my house. I open the door and flip on the kitchen light. I nearly jump out of my skin when I see my parents sitting down at the table. "Umm, hey guys, why are you still up? It is 3'Oclock" I say, glancing over to the clock. " We were just..... making sure you were okay. That's what parents do, right?" My dad hisses. I take a step back, he has some evil glint in his eye. My mum  and dad both advance on me. "HELP" I shout to my friends. I see my dad has picked up a carving knife. "WHAT are you doing" we all scream at my dad in unison. Sophie jumps up, howling some sort of battle-cry. In one fluid motion, she jumps past my parents, who are taken by surprise. She grabs a saucepan off the rack. Bringing it down, I hear a CLUNK sound as it takes out both my mum and dad. "No one threatens us like that!!" Sophie bellowed. They both collapse, unconscious. "Whoa" Is the only sound I can make. I'm torn between three ideas, one that I feel betrayed by my parents - they would try to kill me for some unknown reason. And the idea that one of my friends has just smacked them across the head with a cooking implement. And finally being really quite exhilerated.

"I know why they tried to kill us" Lily says " Jim said he had made some machine for world domination and it only didn't work on us. His machine must make people evil. Given that we are the ones it didn't work on, they must want to kill us." It makes sense, but it's still scary. "In which case we have to keep moving, we can't stay here, everyone will look for us." Hannah reasons. "Okay, we'll need to pack some stuff, though" I reply "My backpack is in the hall, grab that and put some food and drink in it. Pack the essentials, not any make-up" I caution, knowing what they're like "What do you take us for?" They giggle "Whatever, but y'know" I say. Running up to my room, I rip out my drawers and rifle through for some clothes they can have. I carry down a bundle and dump it on the tiled floor. "Choose what you think will fit you and we'll pack that."    Sophie eyes the heap with a look of exasperation. "There is no way any of your clothes are fitting me!" She's right "Hmm, that's an issue.... wait, I have just the thing!" I dash upstairs and return carrying my old Robin Hood out fit "Oh god..." Sophie laughs

On a last thought, I grab my fake salt canister. Inside is all my money - exactly £50. We head out of the door, leaving our old life behind and heading into a new one.... and Georgia trips over the threshold