The Big Three Part Four

Maura had been waiting for several hours before Doctor Stein walked out.

"Jane's gonna be fine. She had a girl another boy...but we lost the boy. He was not breathing when he was pulled out."

Maura began to cry, " I don't know what to think? How do I tell Jane that we lost one of the babies? She felt all three..."

Doctor Stein put a hand on Maura's shoulder, "Maura, you love Jane and all of your children. I know that you are going to leave this hospital with three babies. But now, there are two babies who are ready to meet their mother."

Maura nodded.

--
Maura glowed with pride looking at her newborn son and daughter.

Anthony Jackson and Caitlin Lindsey.

A man stood next to her, "The gift of life is amazing. Your sister welcome a little one?

"My wife actually and those two right there." Maura pointed to Anthony and Caitlin, "You?"

"Nah, but that little one right there was left on the door step of our Firehouse." He pointed to a little black baby.

Baby John Doe.

"Has anyone claimed him?" Maura asked.

"Nope...hey aren't you married to that one detective?" He asked.

"Yes. Jane Rizzoli-Isles...why?" "Well maybe you can adopt him and he will always be safe."

He smiled and walked away.

***
Jane woke up. Everything hurt.

"Hi." Maura whispered. Jane smiled, "Where's the big three?"

Maura's face fell. "Maura...?" Jane whispered.

"You had a girl and another boy, but he was still born."

"No..." Jane began to cry.

"Shh. Jane, there is something else. There was a little black baby boy who has no parents... I want to adopt him."

Jane looked at Maura with tear stained eyes, "What?"

"I've held him. I asked the hospital to name him Brayden Michael. I want him to be a Rizzoli."

Jane smiled, "Let's meet him."

---

Three hours later and Jane was still holding Anthony and Brayden. Maura held Caitlin.

The hospital let them adopt Brayden.

Abree looked at her brothers and sister in awe. She knew Brayden was adopted and she said she was going to love him forever.

"Mama?" Abree asked. "Yes baby?" Jane looked up from her sons.

"When can Tony, Katie, and Brady come home wit us?"

"Soon baby, soon."

***
Tada! We have more Rizzoli-Isles!

What do you think about them adopting Brayden?

Keep reading!