Should we hire?

Jane wakes up to Abree crying. "Your turn." Maura mumbles turning over. Maura and Abree had been home for a week now and the Marine and the Doctor were adjusting to having an infant so dependent on them.

Jane got up, "What's wrong Mi Amore?" Jane cradled Abree. Abree stopped crying as Jane held her.

"You just wanted me huh?" Jane chuckled. Abree looked a lot like Maura, but Jane saw a bit of herself in their daughter.

Once Jane got Abree to sleep, she crawled back into bed. "Maur?" "Hmm?" "Can we talk?"

"Yeah. What's up?" Maura was still sleepy. "I'm going take that security job." "You woke me to tell me that you're taking a job?"

"That and I was thinking that Bree shouldn't be left with my Ma a lot, so I kinda wanna hire some help." Jane said.

"I agree, but let's talk tomorrow. Goodnight." "Night."

****

Jane sat reading the paper, drinking her coffee. "Jane." Maura sat next to Jane, "Let's talk about the help."

"Well, until I win my lawsuit, we can't hire or afford to pay one." Jane set the paper down. Maura sighed, "If I wasn't on maternity leave, it would be easier to pay both Abbie and the help."

"Well, we have to hang on until Monday. Abbie thinks we will win this round." Jane kissed Maura's temple before getting up.

"Where are you going?" Maura asked. "On a run. I'll be back in an hour. I love you." Jane left.