Nightmares

"Alright Maura, it will be okay, just breathe." Was all Maura heard as tears and her loud cries echoed throughout the tiny room.

Jane finally gave in and agreed to having children. Maura was excited, but now regretting her decision.

"Maura, breathe." Jane said trying not to panic. Jane was more freaked out about this than Maura.

Maura nodded and began to breathe. Soon the pain was gone and cries were heard.

Maura felt dizzy and sick to her stomach.

"Jane, this was a bad idea...raise him...love Bradyn with all your heart." She said weakly.

"Maura?" Jane asked. Just then heart monitors shrieked.

"We're losing her!" "Get her wife out of here!"

"No!" Jane screamed as a defibrillator was brought in. A doctor pulled the Italian kicking and screaming as Maura's body rose with the shock. The doctor was only able to drag Jane to the door before Jane broke free and ran to Maura's side.

The doctor tried the defibrillator again. He waited a few seconds before starting CPR.

Nothing.

He looked up. "I'm so sorry Miss Rizzoli. She's gone."

****

"NO!" Jane screamed sitting up. She sat panting, catching her breath.

"What's wrong?" She felt hands on her back.

"Nothing...just...just go back to sleep." Jane said.

"Jane," Maura said moving closer, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing Maura. Just go back to sleep." Jane said kissing Maura's hand.

Maura lay back and was asleep as her head hit the pillow.

Jane waited for a few minutes before getting up. She went to their bathroom and closed the door.

She started the shower and sat in the tub. She didn't take off her clothes.

She didn't know how long she had sat under the warm water when Maura came in and sat next to her.

"Jane, you wanna tell me what's going on?" Maura asked as the cold water ran down Jane's face.

"You learn a lot when you're payed to kill. You fear death will come to those you love." Jane said looking forward.

"Jane, please. Don't leave me hanging." Maura said turning Jane's head towards hers.

"I don't believe in God, but I have been praying for safety." "What do you mean?"

"I'm afraid that if we had kids that you'll die in childbirth."

Maura froze as Jane looked forward. Maura turned off the water.

"Jane, if we had kids, I am not going anywhere." "Maura..."

"Jane, I love you too much to leave you alone. I don't know what would happen if I died, but you don't have to stay strong. Love, you'll never be alone and don't let those damn nightmares get you." Maura said.

Jane nodded.

"Come back to bed and I will keep you warm and safe." Maura smiled.

"Maura, you don't have to be strong for me." Jane said.

"You have scars. I have scars." Maura got up and started stripping.

"Maura?" "Hmmm?" "I love you." "Me too, Jane. Me too."