Dallas visitors

Jane's POV
***
"...Maura Isles." Were the last words Bradyn ever said. I thought about them as they flew me to a hospital in Dallas.

I nearly had my left leg amputated below the knee...my MCL was holding my shin and quad together. I couldn't wait to go home to Boston.

My family flew down. They've visited and hardly left. I had yet to tell this mysterious Maura Isles that Brady was dead. The Army respected Brady's decision about me telling her.

I had tried calling several times, but haven't heard anything...until today.

I was lying in bed hoping for the nurse to add more morphine when someone spoke. It wasn't anyone in my family nor a nurse.

"You should be getting less morphine than you have."

The voice was so beautiful and was music to my ears. I wanted to sigh, but I figured it was probably some new, Harvard trained doctor.

"My leg was practically reattached and I am in pain. Please Doctor, can I have more?" I asked not looking.

"I'm afraid not. I don't work here and morphine can be dangerous if not used properly."

I turn and look.

"Jeez Doctor..."

"Isles. Maura Isles." She said walking towards me.

"Bradyn's older sister he always talked about." I said. She didn't look anything like Bradyn. She was pretty damn fine.

"Yeah. I haven't heard anything from him. How is he?" She asked.

"Miss Isles..." "Call me Maura."

"Maura," I said before my voice cracks, "Brady's dead."