"But my dad wouldn't let me go if I don't bring a senior with me!"

"Why don't you ask the female seniors?"

"I've asked but they all said no. You are my only hope P'. Please. Please. Please! Say you'll come with me."

Arthit was really tempted. It was Kong-freakin-pob. That alone made him want to volunteer. The free ticket was just a bonus in his opinion. But he promised himself before that he would never go. He would stand out like a sore thumb in that crowd.

Arthit. Think about it. You and I both know that an opportunity like this is once in a lifetime. It's not like you're going to proclaim to everyone that you're a fanboy. Maprang's there. You can use her as an excuse. Chill. It's not even a big deal to accompany a junior.

Fine. You're just going to come with Maprang. Not fanboy over Kongpob.

Mentally, he was dissing himself at the lie he was creating to trick himself. He would never admit that he's a fan of Kongpob. Even if the man himself asks, he would never do it.

======

"Maprang... I...can go with you if you want."

Maprang was a junior of his. He was part of the media team like the rest of his friends that help out different student organizations in the university such as hers. She's part of the student organization that does news coverage for events in school. Maprang is only a 3rd year but as an active member and a reporter, she needed to go to school a week early before the semester starts.

Everyone was surprised to hear those words from Arthit. He was never the type to volunteer over something he never had any interest over.

Knot, Arthit's closest friend, approached him and put a hand over his forehead. "Are you sick? Did you eat something bad?"

Arthit felt his cheeks turn slightly pink at the attention. He pushed his giant-of-a-friend's hand away from him and nodded. "Yeah. I might get some good shots at the event. It will be a good experience for me."

"Really P'?" Maprang's eyes shone like stars and came in between the two friends. She quickly wrapped her arms around the older male, hugging Arthit tightly in gratitude. "I love you P'." Arthit's kindness was a surprise but Maprang wasn't the type to question such a gesture.

Arthit awkwardly put his hands to his side and let Maprang wrap her arms around him. Unused to such gestures, he just let her be until she was satisfied.

======

"P' Arthit!" Maprang called out to him. She just arrived and was wearing a dark denim short and what appeared to be a fanmade shirt. It was a chibi version of the actor, Kongpob wearing a jumpsuit of what appeared to be pikachu.

Arthit almost asked where she got it but held his tongue just in time. "What's that?" He pointed blankly at the shirt.

"This?" Maprang grinned when the older male noticed the shirt and posed cutely while showing him the shirt. "I ordered it from a fansite master who creates fanarts of Kongpob. She had made a couple of different designs of chibi versions of Kong and have been selling them online. They're all so cute but this one is my favorite. "

"It looks nice." He made a mental note to look for the fansite master selling the shirts.

Maprang was beaming at his words, happy that her senior was open-minded. "Let's go inside. I heard from a friend of mine who's friends with one of the staff that Kongpob will be here in a few minutes."

Wow... it's really nice to have connections. Arthit thought while following his junior inside.

His junior's ticket was a regular one. They sat in the middle which was the best seat in his opinion. He wouldn't catch too much attention and would be able to get a good look at the celebrity. Just by thinking of it, his heart was brimming with joy.