TWENTY-THREE

AUSTON KNOCKED on Olivia's door, holding a bouquet of red roses for her. When she answered the door, her face lit up in surprise as she grabbed his hand and dragged him into her apartment, before going up on her tippy toes and giving him a hug.

"Hey," Auston said, giving Olivia a kiss on her cheek.

She smiled as he did so, "Hey."

Auston handed Olivia the flowers, and she immediately brought them up to her nose to smell them. Sighing in content, she jogged over to her kitchen and found a vase for them. Filling it up with water than placing the flowers in the vase then on the table, Olivia ran over to the couch, where Auston was, setting up Mario Kart.

They played wii for an hour,  Auston making sure he came over and spent as much time with her as possible. Auston had another half hour before he had to meet back at the hotel before taking off back to Toronto.

Soaking up the last half hour together, Olivia and Auston spent their time cuddling and kissing, not admitting they were sad they wouldn't see each other, but showing it in every kiss they shared.

Auston pulled away from the kiss that lasted quite a while. "I should get going..." He trailed off sadly, getting up from the couch.

Olivia sighed, extending her arm for him to pull her up. They walked over to the door, where Auston quickly slipped on his shoes and pulled on his jacket.

Smiling weakly, Olivia swung the door open, and let her hip fall against it, putting all her weight on it.

They stared at each other for a moment, not wanting to part ways just yet. "Well, I had an amazing almost two days, with you." Auston smiled sadly.

"As did I. Thank you for everything, Auston. I'll never forget this or you. Or our deep conversations about coincidences." She smiled, causing him to laugh softly.

"Me either." He looked down at the ground, following Olivia's gaze. "Well, I have your number, and you have mine. We're only an hour away from each other... we can make this work." He offered, the same sad smile on his face.

"Yes," Olivia agreed, "We're going to try and make this work. I'm sure I can find inspiration in the beautiful city of Toronto." Auston nodded hopeful. "It just sucks. The timings off, and I hate when you meet the right person at the wrong time." Olivia finished, Auston nodding his agreement.

"Okay, well we're going to talk, and we will see each other. I'll make sure of it." Auston told her, leaning in and kissing Olivia passionately. He pulled away shaking his head slightly, so Olivia didn't notice. He couldn't believe he was in this situation. He couldn't believe he was going to miss the beautiful girl that he met yesterday because he lost his phone in a coffee shop.

Auston really didn't know what to think about coincidences and fate, however he knew that after this, he definitely believed in something.

"Okay," He placed a longer kiss on Olivia's lips before giving her one last peck, "Goodbye Olivia."

"Goodbye, Auston." She replied as she held the door open for him.

He brushed past her, head down, as he muttered a thanks. He trudged down the hall, not giving her a second glance because it would be too hard.

It was in that moment, Olivia's balance teetered as her brows furrowed in confusion. She got a funny feeling, as Auston brushed past her, head down like he was nervous to make eye contact. She got a funny sense of Deja Vu.

Olivia stood at her door, frozen,  thinking hard about the past. The memory of Auston walking away from her, fresh in her brain. Him walking away with his head down and muttering a thanks, replayed in her mind as the sense got stronger.

The young girls eyes widened as she remembered the boy who had held the door open for her, minutes before she found Auston's phone. Olivia was strangely enticed with him, she found herself wanting to know so much more about the stranger.

She had brushed it off, thinking she just liked the clothing he was wearing, even though he wore black joggers with a simple grey pullover hoodie, a black baseball cap covering his head. However after all this time, she hadn't realized the boy she yearned to know more about, was with her. It was Auston.

Olivia stood in her doorway, shocked, as she stared down the now empty hallway that Auston had walked down minutes before. Her eyes finally went back to their normal size as Olivia comprehended what she just found out.

Her thoughts went back to the coincidence conversation her and Auston had in Central Park. She remembered Auston saying that everything is always connected, and Olivia finally realized he couldn't be more right.

At the end of the day - when it's all finished, you discover it was never really random; eventually, everything connects.

[ A/N ]

ANDDDDD thats the end!!

im honestly super sad that this book is over, but im so very happy with how it turned out, and i hope you guys are tooo!

(shameless self promo) dont forget to check out more of my books, i have lots planned for the future !

thank you for all the support on this story, it means the world to me. i love you.