NINETEEN

OLIVIA REALIZED that her and Auston were visiting all the places she'd never been to. So when the clock struck 3:15, she had a great idea where their last stop would be.

As Auston parked the car on the Manhattan side, Olivia jumped out and admired the Brooklyn Bridge in front of her. It was beautiful, lights lighting up its granite towers and steel cables. Cars, buses and trucks all zooming over it, either entering Manhattan or Brooklyn.

"C'mon, or are you just going to stand there all night?" Auston asked, his hand stretched out, waiting for Olivia to take it.

As she connected their hands and started walking, she replied. "Actually, it is morning," She pointed out, showing Auston her phone screen.

He smiled happily, "Huh, it is."

Olivia and Auston walked hand in hand over the bridge, to the Brooklyn side. They walked slowly as they admired the view that you could only see from the bridge. It looks out over both sides of New York, and just the way they saw everything, changed their perspective.

Cars drove by, ruffling their hair, however Olivia and Auston didn't care one bit. They barely said three words to each other, but instead kept close by holding hands.

Once they reached the other side, they took a short break, looking at everything and pointing different buildings out. When they started to walk back across, Auston could tell Olivia was tired, by the way she slouched, falling way behind him.

"So tell me about yourself," Auston asked, turning around so he was walking backwards, in front of Olivia.

She slowed down a bit more, as if walking and talking was too hard to do. "Auston, you already know a lot more about me than some of my friends." She said, starting to walk a little faster, causing Auston to do the same.

"I know, and I'm honoured, really." Olivia rolled her eyes, a smile glued to her lips. "But I want to know more, you know, the deep deep stuff." Auston quirked an eyebrow, continuing to take steps backwards.

"I don't know, Aust, I'm tired and-"

"You see, we build too many walls and not enough bridges," He stated, motioning to the bridge. "This bridge, this bridge right here, lets us cross it to Brooklyn, the deeper part of this beautiful city. So I'm asking you,  Olivia, why can't you do the same?"He said this with a dorky smirk on his face, causing Olivia to shake her head even though his statement made her smile even more.

"Okay, Issac Newton." She said, referring to the bridge quote he used. "And like I already said, I'm tired. Or else I totally would." She assured him, as a yawn escaped her mouth.

Auston knew Olivia wanted to drop the subject, so thats what he did. When he fell back beside her, he changed the topic. "If the city doesn't sleep-"

"Then neither do we." Olivia finished for him, causing Auston to stop walking for a second, before continuing. He blinked, making a face before continuing. "Anyways, as I was saying, you just hit the wall. You need to keep pushing and you'll get your second wind in about..." He paused, sliding up his jacket sleeve to look at his imaginary watch. "In about thirty minutes. It's just past four."

Olivia shook her head trying to clear the confusing thoughts. She yawned as she tried to respond. "Woah, slow down there Matthews. Whats the wall?"

Auston glanced suspiciosuly at her, "You don't know what the wall is?"

Olivia stopped walking, Auston doing the same as she rolled her eyes. "You're asking the girl who stays home and reads on a Friday night. For fun." She said, letting go of his hand to face him.

"And theres nothing wrong with that. But the wall, usually hits you in between midnight and three a.m. Basically its where you just crash. You're done. You just wanna go to sleep." Olivia checked all of these off in her mind as Auston recited what "the wall" was.

"Check, check and check."

Auston smiled, "But you are not crashing, we are in this together. So, me being the good friend I am, am going to help you past the wall." They started walking again, they were more than half way back across the bridge, cars still zooming by.

"And how do-"

"Follow me!" Auston yelled as he took off sprinting off in the direction of the car. Olivia stood confused for a moment, before Auston looked over his shoulder and came to a stop a hundred feet ahead. "Well c'mon you slow poke!"

Olivia let her head fall back as she grunted. She took off sprinting after Auston who had started up again. Fighting the tiredness, she screamed, "I Don't run!"

[ A/N ]

hey hey! i just wanted to let y'all know that i published a grayson dolan fanfic and it would mean a lot to me if you checked it out!