EIGHTEEN

BY THE time the two leave Central Park, it's just about two a.m. As they jump back into the car, they drive through the city, that still looks just as alive as it did when it was nine.

The gears shifted, their serious talk about coincidences and fate in the park, was fresh in their minds, however the mood lightened and they continued their drive, cracking jokes and filling the car with laughter.

Pulling up to their next stop, Olivia had caught onto Auston's idea and recognized the Statue of Liberty across the water.

As the two walked closer down to the water, where they could get a better look of the Statue, Olivia smiled at Auston, who was fascinated with the monument.

The minutes ticked by and the two sat with their feet almost touching the water. If the waves rolled up just another foot, their shoes would become soaked. Olivia had leaned her head on Auston's shoulder as they sat in silence, content with the sounds the waves made as they rolled up the shore.

"I just love what it stands for," Olivia mumbled looking at the statue. She lifted her head up off of Auston's shoulder so she could look at him.

"Yeah," He agreed, nodding his head.

Olivia laughed, "You don't know what it means, do you?"

He shook his head glumly, "No idea."

"It stands for freedom and the reason I love it so much is because its universal. For everyone, it stands for freedom. And originally it was a symbol of friendship, between the states and France. It was a sign of their mutual desire for liberty. And over the years it's become so much more to." Olivia turned her head to look back at Auston, who looked puzzled almost. "Sorry, I'm rambling," She bit her lip as she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

Auston shook his head distractedly, "No, no I love it- it's great," He nodded.

Olivia breathed through her nose as she nodded, going back to silence. They stuck around the water for almost an hour and a half, so relaxed and calm.

When they finally decided to leave, they jogged back up to the car, grins on their faces as they stared at the other, completely caught up in the moment.

[ A/N ]

short chapter, whoops sorry:(: