THIRTEEN

AS THEY jumped back into Nazem's rented car, Auston and Olivia couldn't stop talking about the food they ate. They raved about how good it was and how funny it was to see everyone give them dirty looks as they burst out into laughter.

"So," Auston breathed in between laughs, "Do you wanna come back to my hotel?" He asked hopeful, his eyes shining as he wore his charming smile.

Olivia's smile faltered for a split second. She didn't know if she really wanted to go to his hotel. Yes, Olivia was having a great time and she didn't want it to end, however she thought Auston was enjoying himself to and she didn't want his opinion on her to change.

"Auston... I-I shouldn't, I don't want to bother you, you probably have another game tomorrow and I just..."She trailed off, looking out at the city, then looking back at him.

Auston's smile was still glued to his lips as he replied, "Actually I head back to Toronto at four tomorrow night, so I'm good, really. And you can properly meet some of my teammates! They'll love you!" He exclaimed like a little kid on Christmas.

Staring into his hopeful eyes, Olivia couldn't say no, so she smiled and nodded her head. "I'd love to."

The happy boy turned the key in the ignition to start the car, "Great!" He looked over at her once more before starting to head back to the hotel the team was staying at. "I mean unless you're tired or you don't want to..."

The young girl noticed the disappointment in his voice as he suggested that she didn't want to go, so although she had some concerns, she couldn't say no. Especially if this is the only time they'll see each other.

"No, really, I'd love to." She smiled, trailing off as she looked over at him.

Auston glanced at her quickly, "Great." He paused before glancing at her again. "You know, I'm glad I met you. I'm glad you're the one who found my phone."

Olivia chuckled, "Me too. And I guess I'm a little better than some old man."

Auston grinned, "If you were an old man, I would've gotten you hot dogs for dinner."

He glanced over at her just in time to see her shrug, "Hey, I can't say I'd be disappointed with a good hot dog."

[ A/N ]

honestly, i relate to olivia so much