TWELVE

THE CAR ride to the restaurant was mostly silent. The odd question about hockey or the game would pop up, however nothing that really started any further conversations. That was common for Olivia, being extremely shy, she was used to the quietness. However for Auston, this was new; and he loved every minute of it.

The one thing that made Auston nervous was the fact that he didn't know if the silence meant Olivia was uncomfortable or if she regretted her decision to hang out with him.

Well driving, Auston was able to catch a quick glance at Olivia as she stared out the window. Her jaw was slightly parted, and her glasses and bright green eyes, reflected the city lights. The window was rolled down a quarter of the way, so her hair was slightly ruffled, a small laugh escaped her lips as she noticed something on the streets.

Once they got to the restaurant, Auston was able to get right in, though it was quite busy. They sat at table that was right next to a glass window that looked out into the city. It was similar to Olivia's table at the coffee shop, however it being night, she got a different look at everything.

Once they ordered their food, the chatter never stopped. They learned the little, less important things about one another, but also the things that made them, them.

The laughter wouldn't stop as Olivia made a joke she didn't intend on making. When Auston would make a joke, Olivia only laughed because it was so bad. Regardless, the restaurant was filled with laughter from the two.

"Alright, lets hear your worst joke," Olivia offered as she stirred her water with her straw.

Auston seemed to ponder the thought as he stuck a french fry in his mouth. "Alright, why'd Adele cross the road?"

Olivia shook her head slightly, with one eyebrow raised, she pretended to play along. "Hm, I don't know, why?"

Auston's smile widened, "To say hello from the other side!"

Olivia face palmed, "That was terrible," She stated, as she laughed out her nose.

Auston's response was a shrug as he took a sip of his water, "Okay than, lay it on me." He fell back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Where do you find a dog with no legs?"

His face immediately fell as he stared at Olivia who was waiting for his answer contently. "Um... I don't know but, honestly I don't know if I wanna know," Auston mumbled, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"Right where you left it." Olivia told him, making Auston close his eyes before rubbing them with both hands.

"No, no, no, no. That was kinda good, but in a terrible way." Their table broke out into laughter once again as people stared at the two, clearly annoyed.

Olivia had stopped chuckling, though Auston was still laughing. As he started to calm down, he couldn't help but gaze at Olivia, as her eyes were shining and her smile was simply beautiful.

Auston knew she was pretty, however her shyness almost covered that up. But when Auston looked at her, he noticed something spark in her eyes, something that made her even more attractive.

She wore confidence, and it was in that moment, Auston knew that she could get anyone she wanted, and he was totally screwed.

[ A/N ]

Well that was cute.