NINE

THE LEAFS ended up losing the game to the Rangers, 5-4 in overtime. As the happy Rangers fan and the sad Leafs fans filed out of the arena, Olivia stayed where she was. She knew the rink would be chaos, so she decided it would be best to wait for rink to somewhat clear out before she moves.

After sitting on her phone for fifteen minutes, Olivia had reluctantly got out of her seat and slowly dragged her way outside. She pulled out her phone and tried calling an Uber, however everyone was still outside, already waiting for one.

Olivia had tried refreshing the app and restarting her phone, however the app was still freezing and it said that Olivia didn't have any internet connection.

Another half hour past and a lot of people had cleared out and left, however there were still big crowds. Olivia's Uber app still wasn't working, so she stood leaning against the wall watching as the sky darkened and people jumped into their Ubers.

She debated whether or not to start walking and maybe try to get an Uber farther up the street, however she decided to just stay put and kept her feet planted to the ground. She grew frustrated with her phone, resisting the urge to throw it against the wall. The only thing stopping her were the people around her.

After standing for another ten minutes, she thought about asking to barrow someones phone. However the thought made her cringe as she pictured herself awkwardly walking up to a group and shyly and quietly asking to use their phone.

Olivia kept trying to refresh the app, and finally it actually worked, and she got farther into the Uber process than before. However just when she went to pay for the Uber, her phone glitched and she was back staring at her home screen. When she went back into the app, everything restarted and she had to start again.

Olivia's anger grew, so she moved and sat down on a makeshift bench, where she sighed in frustration.

After attempting - and failing - a few more times, Olivia screamed internally when her phone dropped to twenty percent. Dropping her phone carelessly beside her, she looked out and wondered if she'd be stranded at Madison Square Garden at eleven o'clock at night.

[ A/N ]

Im sorry, this is chapter is short
but i promise next chapter will be reallyyy good!