THREE

AS MITCH hurried ahead and jumped into the car Nazem rented, Auston followed in a slower manner. He jumped into the car after Mitch and closed the door, snatching his coffee and food out of Mitch's hands.

"I know, right! All I had to do was drop my name and he gave me this!" Nazem was explaining how he got his jet black sports car. Morgan seemed into the conversation, smiling and nodding, the occasional 'wow'. However William sat in the back, his arm propped up by the car door, head in his hands, staring out at the city with a bored expression on his face.

Once Auston jumped in, the conversation died down as Mitch started yelling to hurry up. Auston had barely been able to put on his seatbelt before the car zoomed off towards Madison Square Garden.

"Don't worry! With this car, we won't even be close to being late!" Naz boasted, a grin on his face as he cast a quick glance back, before switching lanes.

"Oh c'mon, we aren't even that late, Mitch." Auston grumbled, going to pull out his phone from his jean pocket.

His hand slipped into his pocket, looking to make contact with his phone. Auston knew his pockets were bigger, but he didn't know they were that big.

Fear pricked inside of him, as his eyes widened. He patted himself down, looking to feel his phone. When he couldn't feel it, he repeated the pat down, more frantically this time.

"Whats the matter Matts? Forgot your tongue somewhere?" Morgan teased, from the passengers seat, referring to Auston not saying more than five words since they left the hotel that morning.

"My-my phone. It's not here." He stammered out, doing a slower pat down this time.

Nazem glanced back at him through the mirror, Morgan turned around and Mitch and William both turned to look at a panicked Auston Matthews.

"Okay, just give me a sec," Mitch mumbled, pulling out his phone and lifting it up to take a picture of Auston. "I'm sorry, we can all freak out now, but I just needed to take a picture of you, I don't think anyones ever seen Auston Matthews panicked. Just needed to capture this moment."

Mitch smiled at him before his face dropped to a shocked expression. Auston stared expectedly at Mitch, before his attention was turned over to William, beside Mitch.

"Sorry," Willy coughed to try and hide his snickers. He failed, and he burst out into laughter, "Mitch sent me the picture," He breathed as he held his phone up, "That's amazing!" He laughed as he took a screenshot of the photo.

Auston rolled his eyes, still frozen in shock. "Guys! C'mon this is serious!"

"Okay, okay," Mitch mumbled, pulling out his phone again. "I'll text it, you probably just dropped it in here."

Auston's jaw dropped, "Or, I lost it in the biggest city of the world!"

Mitch paused from typing, his eyebrows furrowed together. "Is it the biggest city in the world?"

"Mitch!"

Mitch pulled back defensively, "Sorry, sorry. But Willy, can you do me a solid and google that?"

Without a word, Willy pulled out his phone, Mitch stared at him, waiting for his reply. Completely forgetting about texting Auston's phone. "No, it's not. The largest city is- I don't know how to pronounce that."

"Here let me see," Mitch leaned over and glanced at William's screen. "It's Tokyo, Yoko- some place in Japan."

"Guys!" Auston yelled, causing Mitch to turn back over to Auston. He reached out an placed a hand on his shoulder. "If it makes you feel better, you may have lost your phone in the second largest city in the world."

Auston's eye slightly twitched, "How comforting," He deadpanned. "Now, can you please text my phone?"

"Right, sure." Mitch agreed, going back to typing. "Holy shit." He stated after a minute.

Auston growled, "What now?" He asked annoyed.

Mitch rolled his eyes at the tone Auston used, but ignored him. He lifted up his phone to show Auston a message, repeating what it said;

"Hey um, I think Auston left his phone at the coffee shop."