TN | Trying To Recover - 46

Start from the beginning

Rosè nodded before grabbing her bat from the ground and nodding towards Amora who was following her to the car. Amora sighed, looking at Rosè. "You ain't got no scratches though. Hair a little messy but..."

Rosè chuckled after reaching up and feeling that her hair was free from the tight durag. "That's fine. That hoe got hers that's for damn certain."

"

        After seeing Stephon leave Jewelle's party with a man, Zaida didn't know how to feel about the situation

        After seeing Stephon leave Jewelle's party with a man, Zaida didn't know how to feel about the situation. That damn sure didn't help his case on not being that interested in men and it didn't make her want him any more than she currently didn't. She felt as if he was trying to prove a case but she didn't get it.

Still, she pretended to be unphased and instead of blowing up his phone she decided to go out with Gregory.

"So you've never had these before?" Greg asked, smiling deeply as he looked down at his plate of oysters.

Zaida shook her head. "See, I've had a lot of food but oysters still hadn't been on that list of accomplishments, okay?" She answered, chuckling.

"Well, would you like to try mine?" He asked, easing his plate towards her.

"How do you even eat them?" Zaida asked in return, picking up the tiny fork.

Greg picked up one to to demonstrate. "Take your tiny fork and sort of move the oyster around in its liquid-filled half shell to make sure it's detached. Then put down your fork, pick up the shell, and slurp down the oyster from the wide end—it's more aerodynamic that way. Chew the fish one or twice before you swallow it." He explained as he put the fork to her mouth.

Zaida blushed a little before opening her mouth to eat it. "Hm..." She chewed a little before swallowing it. "It's actually good."

Greg nodded. "I'm telling you."

In front of Zaida sat her steak, stuffed and loaded mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a buttered roll. Greg had a whole seafood platter with crab, oysters, and buttered biscuits. Both drunk red wine and conversed about things as if they were friends, it felt good to get a man's opinion on the whole Stephon thing. Greg gave off a vibe that was exactly what Zaida was looking for.

"Zaida, you just seem like the let love find you type... you don't go looking for, you just hope you're driving by and it's stops you like hey, my name is Greg and I'm the love of your life, you know? And that could be your downfall. Maybe love will find you, yeah, but when it does... how do you know it's real if you don't experiment with it? You know what I mean?" Greg asked, shaking his head. "I've had my share of women and they've all felt like everything would just come to them. You can't get a check if you don't put in the hours, Zaida."

Zaida listened to his words for a while. "Unless you're receiving a disability check or–"

"You know what I mean. You're a smart girl– I'm sorry, a woman. I love it, I adore it. But you don't just get shit because you feel like you deserve it." Greg told her, popping a crab leg. "You can't argue with me on that."

Zaida chuckled a little. "Actually, I can." She said as she began cutting up what was left of her steak. "I've had my dip in with men and women. I know what I like and what I don't like; I know how to accept and decline— now, just because I'm not settling doesn't mean I feel like you are unworthy because honestly, there's probably someone out there looking for someone exactly like you, but when you tell me I can't get something because I feel I deserve it, I call bullshit."

"Why is that?" He asked.

"Because everyone woman– whether it takes them a while to figure it out or not– knows her worth. If the man isn't enough then we will keep searching until it is. Sometimes, we don't even want a lot; we want society's fairytale with kids, a house, and maybe a big wedding but all men don't want that. So you're telling me to settle for a man that doesn't share the same vision because maybe he treats me right?" Zaida cut him a look. "When I call it love, I want it to be love without bounds. I want it to be love without too many flaws and too little arguments. I want it to be genuine and lead to what we both want to do with our future."

"And what is that?" Greg tested.

"Our customized fairytale ending."