TN | Setting The Record - 33

       Royale sighed deeply as she burned the last of her and Kai's pictures

Royale sighed deeply as she burned the last of her and Kai's pictures. She could finally say she was starting to get over him. She just didn't like how things went down with at Keeva's birthday party in front of everybody. She left feeling so played and embarrassed.

How could Kai take everything they worked so hard for and throw it away for.. Rosè? It didn't matter anymore because Royale was over it. As far as Rosè and Kai were concerned, "fuck it". However, she couldn't help but be mellow-depressed. She had lost her best friend, Essence, her man, and the second person she considered to be the closest to. All she had left was her brother, Stephon, and he seemed so busy nowadays that she could only get him with phone calls.

"Girl, don't stress it." Stephon said. "He always comes back to you and that's just how it is."

"I don't want him this time." Royale replied. "He has embarrassed me for the last damn time."

Stephon chuckled through the phone. "Girl, I know better than that. You know better than that. Everybody know better than that." He said.

"Shut up." She said, huffing. "What you doing though?"

"Well, you remember ole girl? Zaida? I'm taking her out to eat tonight." He confessed. You could practically hear the smile in his voice. "Yeah... she's feeling me.."

"Yeah right. She's probably feeling the food." Royale said.

"Don't come over here with that hating shit– actually, you just reminded me that I have to hang up on you. Bye." Stephon said before hanging up.

Royale shook her head before putting out the small fire on the grill and going back in the house. Stephon's words just kept echoing.

He always comes back to you and that's just how it is.