Chapter 30

Arabella's POV

(four months later)

'Just shoot already! There is no way you can miss! But, this is life or death, so be careful. Wait, no! I WONT LET HIM WIN!' I thought, staring at my target.

"Hey!" Steve shouted at me, "we need to leave. Right. Now."

"But...But I'm about to win!" I whined. "It's either shoot the basket or die! Seriously, we need to go!"

I thought he was joking, but then I saw the distraught look in his eyes. "C'mon!"

I shook my head and dropped the ball in the middle of the training room. Steve had gone out in the hallway, making sure that nobody noticed him. I didn't understand why, it's not like we were under attack or anything.

"Hey, what's thi-" I grabbed my shoulder, riving in pain.

"DAMMIT ELL!" He said, lifting me princess style. "HOLY GUACAMOLEY BATMAN THAT SON OF A BITCH SHOT ME!" I yelled as I held onto my left shoulder. I understand that I'm not the best kind of person, but why is it my left shoulder always suffers? Why can't it be my right?!

"I TOLD YOU TO GO!" He shouted over the gun shots and debris falling. "I WAS PLAYING A GAME! IT WAS LIFE OR DEATH!"

I groaned in pain and let out multiple yelps as he ran fast, bumping me into a few walls a couple times, causing pain to shoot through my pinkie toe to my shoulder. I wanted to keep my eyes open, but the ash and crap was getting in my eyes so I tucked into his shoulder.

I heard screams and yells, bloodcurdling ones at that. "NATASHA!" I heard the tall captain yell. "NAT!? NAT DO YOU COPY?!" It was only then I realized he was speaking into his wrist.

I ignored it all until my closed eyelids lit up with yellow sun, blinding me instantly. "HOLD ON!"

"I WASN'T GUNNA LET GO!"

I grasp his left shoulder as tightly as I could and felt a hard impact. "The fuck Was that?!" I asked as he set me down about a few hundred yards away from the base. I think we jumped off a small bridge out in the training field. My eyes were still adjusting so I couldn't see.

"Hydra." He stated. "Hydra? Like, red skull, first failed super soldier type deal?!"

"That's the one." He said, panting heavily from our long dash. "Where's Nat?"

"FREEZE," A very large, heavily layered man yelled, pointing a gun at us. But before I could raise up my hands, he fell to the floor with a large thud, leaving the one and only miss Natasha Romanoff in our view. "Hey guys." She said, setting her guns to her side. "Mmm," she hummed looking at the body. "Too bad, he was cute."

I laughed, but even then the pain didn't subside despite the hilarity of the situation. "Got shot, huh?" She said, nodding at the way I held my shoulder.

"More of a scrape," I responded. She shrugged and headed for a black car that had been placed far off in the distance. "If we want to get away from the Winter Soldier we need to get to Fury." I looked up at Steve, his expression telling me he was just as confused.

"I thought Fury died?"

"What?!" I shouted. I mean, not only was I caught extremely off gaurd, but now I know that the tall black man in the leather black trench coat with the awesome fucking eyepatch is dead! "I'll explain when we get there!" Natasha yelled. I really wanted to punch or kick something, but then Steve grabbed hold of my shoulder and gave me a calm-your-tits look.

I took one heavy breath, stepping forward towards the broken- but still amazing- black sports car in the middle of the rode. I guess Nat hot wired it, because no S.H.I.E.L.D. agent would bring a sports car to an all out war. And as I buckled the seat, I thought about that name. The Winter Soldier. I don't know why, but it sounds vaguely familiar.

"Alright," Nat said turning to us. "He's gonna come in, and he's gonna come in fast."

"What do you mean come in?"

"He's broken a bunch of cars lately." Nat said. I shrugged, somewhat confused. I kept my hand on my shoulder, attempting to stop pain from flooding my body, but it was useless once Steve bumped into me while getting in the car. "Oh, uh sorry," he said.

I ignored the pain. Honestly, I think I've been through more shit than a bullet wound. I'll survive. "Whatever, let's get to Fury. Like, now." and with that, Nat stepped on it and we flew.

***

I hopped out of the car, with the help of Steve's support. "Okay," Natasha began. "Just, hang low for a sec and I'll come and get you both when ready." I nodded.

I held on to my shoulder still as we watched her walk away towards the door. "Stay put!" She shouted before the door shut behind her.

I turned to Steve, a smug look on my face. "What?" He asked, sort of defensive. "Nothin," I said, easing my hand into my pocket. I blew my cheeks a couple of times before he finally got a little pissy.

"Okay, what's up?"

"Well," I said, stepping out. "I'm curious."

"'Bout what?"

"'Bout you and Liz! Last time Sis saw you both you were engaged. That was three years ago Steve." He sighed and took out a small notebook from his back pocket. It read:

TV show - Sherlock (?)

Moon Landing

The Beatles

World Cup Final (1966)

Sean Connery

Tahi food

Star Wars/Trek

Nirvana (Band)

Rocky (Rocky II?)

Troubleman (Soundtrack)

Mr. and Mrs. Rogers's wedding

I let go of it, impressed with some of the items he had on there (Rocky, Star Wars/Trek, Sherlock, kinda The Beatles). "What is this stuff?" I asked. He gently took the notepad away from me and said, "Stuff I missed while I took a nap."

I was confused. "Wait, then why is that in there?" I asked, pointing to the last item on the list. "Oh my god Steve."

"Look, it's not what you think."

"Hmm, really? If I didn't know any better, I'd say that you bailed on one of my best friends!" He shoved the small book into his back pocket and rubbed his forehead. I really hopped that wasn't the case, because I was about to let Lucifer out of the pit!

"Hey!" He shouted, scaring me enough to back away. "I did not leave Elizabeth! I would never, in my life, leave her. Do you understand me?" I nodded, fearing he would do something if I hadn't. "She, uh...." He mumbled, leaning back against the car. "Steve. You tell me what happened to her right now."

"She....She's been compromised." My eyes widened, but I managed not to let on how sad I truly was. "Uh...um, w-what comprised?"

He looked up to me, about to say something when Nat walked out. "Okay," she nodded. Steve stood up, without any hesitation but with anger. "Steve-"

"Later!" He yelled.

I looked over to Nat, her face screamed confusion. "You and Miss America alright?" I sighed, tilting my head to say I'm going to find out.

We walked into a musty old and broken living type area. I noticed some clear white tarps stringed up to block something, but I couldn't quite make out what it was. I got my answer once I turned the corner.

"Well it's about damn time."

♧♢♡♤■□●○•°♧♢♡♤■□●○•°♧♢

Yeah, I saw the winter soldier few weeks back and thought: I can't keep writing about S.H.I.E.L.D. When it's falling into pieces like that! What kind of writer would I be then? Not all chapters are going to focus on Captain America 2, probably this one and a little in the next.

Comment.

Vote.

Fan.

~ lokisgal