Chapter 4

"Okay thank you. If you see him call this number." I said to the bartender writing my number on a napkin. "Sure thing hon. Good luck finding your son." She yelled as I walked out of the third local bar I checked out of the 4 hours I was looking for this asshole.

I walked out to my '67 Chevrolet Impala and unlocked the door. I hopped in looking at the wheel with no hope. "Now if I were the god of mischief where would I be?"

"Don't forget lies." 

I turned around and held my gun up. I realized who it was and I let out an angry groan. "What the hell! How did you get back there! I've been looking for you all night!" I hate him so much right now. He just decided, after I searched for 4 hours, to show up in the back seat of my car! "Well you weren't doing a well job, so I thought I'd help you a little." I rolled my eyes and tried to calm my nerves.

"Loki, dear, would you mind telling me why you didn't just come back to the damn house!"

"Well I did. But I noticed that a car was missing so I went looking for it. Saw you a couple hours back though."

"Then why didn't you come to me?!" Oh he was so dead. ""I assumed you were mad at me as well. I waited and then realized how stupid I was for letting you wander around this area for so long."

"Well that's sweet and all, but now we are going back to the house at 10:00 at night when I should have been watching Doctor Who with my teddy bear Rose!"

"I'm sorry!" He disappeared for what seemed like forever. "Loki! I swear to god-"

"No need to shout!" He said reappearing in the passenger seat. "LOKI YOU SUCH A DICK!!!" He started laughing and I tried so hard to keep a mad face, but I couldn't help it and started to laugh. "You should have seen your reaction. It was quite funny."

"Shut it! We are going back so get on your seat belt and-"

"No please!" He interrupted. I was about start the car when he did, but I could here pain in his voice. I could tell that something was wrong. "Why? Is everything okay?" He looked at me with his glistening emerald green eyes. I looked back at him for a moment when I realized something. "Oh my god. I thought Thor would have-"

"It appears not." His eyes. They were not their regular deep green. They were a lighter shade, and I noticed that some spots even looked blue, not very big spots, but they were noticeable. "Is that why you were angry with Elly?" He looked at the ground and nodded shy like. "It's not that I was.....I mean I guess I was."

I didn't want to believe what I was hearing. " Do you know how this happened?"

"No. It must have been-" He stopped talking and looked up to me angry with wide eyes. "That ass! I am going to kill her!"

"Wow wow! What are you talking about?" His hand clenched into fists and I saw he was trying to keep his cool. "The walk! I was walking to the area from which I came here and she was there!"

'She was there?' I thought. "Just calm down and tell me what happen." He sighed and closed his eyes. "I was walking with Arabella's pet when I saw a figure. I barely noticed her in the crowd of people. I should have known."

"How do you know it was her?"

"She was wearing a green...um..."

"Shirt?"

"Right, and she had on black bottoms. She had on some sort of black cloak that covered her face and her hair spilt over the edge, but it wasn't black."

It wasn't black? He sounds kinda nuts. "How'd you figure out was her?"

"Her eyes. I saw her face for a moment and I noticed her eyes. They were still a misty blue, but then they turned green."

"That still doesn't tell me why you got this crap in you!" I was seriously pissed with what was going on. I was pissed at Thor, Loki, Elly, and myself for even letting him go off on that walk.

He looked at me sorrowfully. "What the hell aren't you telling me Loki! I am at the end of my rope and if we don't figure this out then-"

"I bumped into her." He said bluntly while he stared at me.

"So?"

"So? So?! If she has enough power with that staff then she could have easily done something to me! I thought you-"

"Loki I swear to god if you say anything rude to me I will smack the mischief clean out of your ass!" I didn't want to yell at him, but I wasn't in the mode whether he meant it or not. We both sat there and and didn't look at each other for about five minutes before he spoke up. "What are we going to do?"

I thought for a minute and then a wide smile came upon my face. "The only thing we can do." I giggled then opened my door so excited that I almost fell. I ran to the trunk and opened it up. "Well come on!" I yelled back to him. I looked back down and saw three Vogue magazines, one old lolly pop, and just the thing I was looking for. "Hello darling." I said lifting up Tommy, my bat I used when I would play baseball with my good friend Tommy.

"Why do you have a large stick?" Loki asked me as he came around back. "Do you even have to ask?" He gave me a sly brow and then his eyes widened as he realized what I was going to have to do.

"No! Absolutely not!"

"Well do you have another idea in mind Einstein?"

"Well nothing that involves being hit on the back of the head with a giant stick!"

"That's what I thought." I headed off to the center of the empty parking lot and turned back to a scared Loki.

"So you're going to knock me out cold for your personal pleasure?"

"No of course not! I'm going to do this so we don't have to go through another Chitari attack. Besides, you're a god, it will only hurt you." He refused to move and gave me an intimidating stare. "Stop being such a woss and come here."

He hesitantly walked over to me and sighed. "Well turn around! Can't stare you in the eye and hit you!" He rolled his eyes then finally turned.

"Before you hit me can you-" I interrupted him as the bat made contact with the back of his head. I felt bad as I laughed and he fell to his knees. "WHAT THE HELL!?"

"I'm so sorry!" I said while laughing. "WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING!!!! YOU HIT ME ON THE BACK OF THE HEAD!!!!"

"That's why I'm laughing! I am truly sorry though!"

"ARE YOU!?!?" I started laughing again and shook my head. He stood up holding the back of his hand and stumbled. "Come here so I can see if it worked!"

"I'm sorry if it's taking me so long! I've been hit on the back of the head quite hard!" He was finally able to muster up enough strengh and walk over to me. "Let me see." He lifted his head up and gave me an evil stare. "Well?!"

"Just hold still!" I grabbed his chin with my left hand and studied his eyes. "Damn." The blue was still there. "Maybe it just takes time to ware off?"

"You know as well as I that that's not the case!"

"So you hit me on the back of the head for nothing?!" I cupped my hands and made clicking noises with my tounge trying to to make eye contact. "Well I think we should be going now, don't you?" I said grabbing my bat and headed back to the car. I hopped back in and put the keys in the ignition and started it up.

"You know Arabella isn't going to want me there."

"Don't worry your mischievous little head, I'll deal with her." I put the gear in reverse and pulled out of the lot. "I suggest you get your rest. Especially in your state."

"Why?!"

"Because I don't think you want to be tired when you come across an angry Elly. Besides, it's going to be a long ride."

Sorry about the short chap! Hope you like the book so far!