Chapter 21

Loki's POV

"NO! LET ME GO! SHE'S MY SISTER! PLEASE! PLEase! Please! Please...." Arabella pleaded trying to escape from my grasp.

I attempted to enter her mind, to calm her down, but she wouldn't allow it. I realized it was no good and let her go.

"Oh god, oh god! Sissy, Sissy! Please! Don't, don't leave me here please. Please don't go." Arabella called out to her dying sister while laying her hands over her bleeding stomach.

My heart was broken. I had known Sissy for a long while, and now she's dead. Because of me.

"Arabella." She whispered to her weakly. "Sissy please, please don't do this! DON'T LEAVE ME! YOU'RE ALL I HAVE PLEASE!"

"Arabella, I'm going home."

And that was it. She laid there, frozen, never to move again.

She looked down, her sister lifeless. "Arabella, you should've known better." Iyna teased as she transformed back into herself. "Why?" I asked, letting very few tears flow.

"Weakness. Why do you think people have them? They aren't there to dance around and make you stronger. You must think me a fool dear!"

I stood up and looked her dead in the eye. "Of course." I wrapped one hand around her thin boney neck and lifted her a foot off the floor. Her hands struggled trying to pry mine off.

"You cannot kill me Loki."

Then a women appeared. Stunning. I could only see the outline if her face, mostly hidden by the cloak she had been wearing. Her hand extended from beneath it and my eyes widened with fear.

It was my dagger.

But instead of it going straight through my stomach, it went through Iyna's. "But I can!" The women said, obviously pissed off.

And then she dropped. A few gasps for air were taken, but she ended silent.

I looked down to Arabella, crying over her sisters body. I walked around to the other side so I'd be facing her.

"Darling," I said leaning down. My heart felt as if it wasn't beating when I saw Sissy. "Arabella dear," I didn't let my sights leave Sissy's.

"She's gone. She's really gone." She kept repeating.

Her eyes were still open. They were a shadey version of they gray they had been. The pain deepened as they stared into the glimmering stars. I reached my hand out and pulled her eyelids shut.

Arabella's hand was resting on her forehead and there was blood everywhere.

I looked back up at the mysterious women, only to find her missing. She vanished.

"Come on," I said as gaurds brought over a tarp to carry her in, "we need to leave."

I laid my hand on top of hers and gave her a sympathetic stare. "But....no, no I can't leave her here!" She snapped.

"Arabella please. It isn't safe." Her eyes filled with tears and I could feel the pain rising inside of her. I saw her head begin to move up and down.

I stood up and looked down to her. "I'm sorry love." She nodded again and kissed Sissy on her cold forehead.

I stretched my hand for her to grab, but she only looked at me in the eye. She rouse herself and stared at me for an eternity. I felt like I was in her shoes.

I had been in her shoes.

She started down the bridge and disappeared into the palace. "Leave her be." I snapped at the gaurds with an evil tone.