Chapter 8

Loki's POV

(One day later)

"Okay guys, we're about 30 minutes from base." Sissy said not looking off of the road. 

(Last night was interesting. We went to roller skate, and it was suprisingly fun. Not what I had expected. But once we got back, Miranda told us to get clothes ready for tomorrow because she was going to take us to the base. We had no choice and I didn't want to argue.)

Arabella had fallen asleep about 40 minutes ago. She didn't seem well. Her eyes were weary, she had a sharp pain in her stomach earlier, and she was oddly cold. I had to think about all sicknesses that mortal's could catch when something came to mind. 'Is she-' My thoughts were cut off by a few groans that came from her. "Where are we?" She said yawning.

"Almost to the base." I said in response. "Are you feeling all right?" I asked in a whispered tone. "Yeah I'm feeling better now. It's probably just a stomach bug."

No. This had to be something stronger. It may appear as a stomach ache, but my gut was telling me something else. "Okay losers, get out." Sissy said stopping the car. "Jeez girl! Way to make us feel good!" Arabella snapped moody.

We all got out and stood in front of a tall, black tower with gaurds surrounding the perimeter. Arabella noticed I was nervous and took my hand. "Don't worry, they can't do anything to you as long as I'm here." She told me reassuringly. I nodded and followed them shakily.

We entered the tower with ease from their badges and walked through the long hallways. We passed a few rooms where there were people fighting one another or being tested on. I held her hand tighter with the fear that something like that was going to happen to me.

We arrived at a large door with a bird on it, along with two strong men standing in a very intimidating stature. "We're here to see Fury." Miranda said showing them her badge. They nodded and moved away as the door opened.

We walked into a large room with controls flying across from one person to the other and technology surrounding the walls. "Hey guys!" Rose said coming up to us.

She came up to Arabella and I giving us a big hug. "Congratulations you two!"

Arabella hugged her back and once she let go we looked to each other confused. I thought she had already known about us? We brushed it off and followed her to the center table as heads turned seeing me. I kept my head down trying not to attract any more attention then I was, being the god of mischief. I didn't let go of her hand until she sat down, I standing behind her.

"Well if it isn't the original Hell Boy!" The tall, dark, man with a patch over his left eye said walking into the room dressed in all black. "Tell me something, how have you been? Destroy any other planets lately?" I didn't respond, still with a straight face, standing behind her. He gave a slight smirk and walked over to us.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you. Agent Leigh and agent Romanof told me that you weren't a threat to us. I trust them, but if you put anybody on this base in danger, I will put a big ass bullet through your twisted mind."

"Yeah, I think he's been told that more than once." Sissy said. I let out a slight chuckle realizing that she was right. "Maybe, but I think I'm the first to mean it." I took a deep breath and looked around at all of the agents and assistants. "I wouldn't be surprised if that was true." I heard a familiar voice say.

"Hey steve." Arabella said calmly as he came over to us giving her a friendly kiss on the cheek as well as a warm hug and he nodded to me. "Loki."

"Captain." I saw the man become angry.