Chapter 5

~Mixed POV ~

Miranda's POV

"Randy!"

'Oh god here we go.'

"What?"

"Hey, do remember you Jase?" I felt so bad for Elly. After Loki left she went to bed then woke up three hours later. I heard something rattling around in the kitchen and I thought someone broke in. I walked in there to find her sitting against the cabinets surrounded by different types of liquor, but mostly whiskey. I had to stay up and make sure she didn't hurt herself. She was SUPER drunk.

"Yeah I remember him. Why?" She started laughing histerically, it kind of scared me. "Well, I was thinking of this time when he was over home and we cuddling like me and Lucky were when he came."

"Why were you thinking about that?" It was obvious she was crushed when Loki left tonight and the fact that she brought up Jase didn't help. "Well, I was trying to think about happy times since I was sad and that popped up in my pink brain!" She came over to the couch with a full bottle of wine and fell on to it.

"Why didn't you think about the time you cuddled with Loki?" I was trying to get as many emotions out of her hoping it would make her feel better, even though she might not remember this in the morning.

"Why would I do that?" She asked me as she took another gulp from the wine. "I thought you liked him."

"Oh yeah! I did didn't I? Not anymore though. He's kinda a bitch." Her being drunk was like a truth serume. She took another sip and continued. "You see I talked to Jase the other night at that bar down the way and-"

"You talked to him?!" Last time she ever had talked to Jase, I came home and almost had to call the police. "Mhm. Remember the other day when I went out?"

"No!" Arabella always had a way of getting out without anyone knowing. "Right! Well just so you know I went out the other day and ran into Jase at the bar at the corner."

"Why were you at Logan's Bar?!"

"I was feeling stressed cause we had a alien in our home! But anyway, I saw him and went to get in my car but he caught up to me."

"What happened?"

"No need to get excited!" She said putting the half empty bottle on the coffee table. "He came after me. Said he wanted another chance. I told him to piss off and get a life." Her voice became very quite suddenly. "My god, what he do?"

"Well, I started for my bug again but..."

"Tell me right now Elly!" She started crying and I could see fear written all across her face as she told me. "He swung me back around and slapped me. I could tell he was drunk. He told me that I was a good for nothing whore and that I would be lucky to have someone like him."

I felt a shock of guilt go all throughout my body. "I tried to run away, but he pushed me down and told me he knew about the boy I was with."

"Loki." I said under my breath. She grabbed the bottle and started drinking again. "He, uh, bent down and pulled my hair back so he could see my face. Randy I was so scared. I thought...."

"What?"

"I thought I was gonna die. He hurt me so bad Randy. He said that if you think I'm treating you bad right now, then you just wait until your boy starts to beat your sorry ass." I felt hopless. If she'd only told me sooner then I would have been able to do something, but now we don't know where Jase is and there's nothing I can do.

"He kicked my arm a few times then took out his pocket knife and cut the back of my hand before I started screaming bloody murder and thankfully a man came out and kicked his ass a bit." I looked down at her left hand and saw the scar.