Chapter 16: Zabuza vs the Hatake Siblings and team 7 (Round 1)

Kimanari POV

"..What should be my target I should hit?" his voice rang through the air. I felt the others tense up as Kakashi cleared the fog away around us.

I turned around and saw everyone, except for Sasuke, were somewhat calmer now that the fog is gone.

Sasuke was shaking in fear, looking down at his kunai that was now pointing at his stomach.

"Sasuke!" Kakashi and I shouted gaining his attention. He looked up at us with wide eyes. I shook my head at him and smiled, telling him to calm down.

"I will not let my comrades die...trust me", we said in unsion.

He let his shoulders hang loose and sighed out of relief.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that..", I looked and noticed Zabuza was in between all of them, holding his sword behind his back.

He looked up and stared straight at me. "It's over.."

Before Kakashi fully turned around, I unsheathed my sword and jumped in between all of them, pushing Naruto and the others out of the way as I stabbed Zabuza in the stomach, his sword inches away from my face. I glanced down at the ground and noticed water was dripping.

Water clone..

I pulled the sword out of his stomach and stood straight up, my back facing Zabuza as he was about to strike me.

"Kimanari, watch out!" Sakura yelled at me.

I just stood there and smirked as Kakashi's water clone stepped in and took the blow. As soon as the water landed in the grass, I turned around and held my sword to the tip of his neck.

"Don't even think about moving..", I said giving him a serious look. Kakashi came behind him and held a kunai to his neck as well.

"Now it's over.." we both stood there, holding the blades at his neck.
-------
Naruto POV

"Alright!" I shouted with a smile.

They did it! He can't do anything now that sensei and my best friend have him cornered.

All of a sudden, Zabuza started to chuckle. "Finished....I don't think so. Yes, you two did see through my illusion...he turned his head to Kakashi, "However..."

Another Zabuza appeared behind Kakahi sensei. "I'm not fooled that easily..!"

"Sensei, behind you!" I shouted pointing at the real Zabuza.

Kimanari backed up from the tip of his sword, and Kakashi ducked. Zabuza planted his sword into the ground and was about to kick Sensei in the face, until Kimanari shoved him out of the way and took the blow, sending her flying into the water.

"Kimanari!"
------
Kimanari POV

"I'm not fooled that easily..!" I looked over Kakashi's shoulder and saw the real Zabuza behind him, making the water clone disappear.

I heard Naruto shout at Kakashi as Zabuza swung his sword, causing me to step back from the edge of his sword and Kakashi to duck. I sheathed my sword as Zabuza planted his sword into the ground and was about to send Kakashi flying, but I stepped in and shoved him out of the way, taking the blow instead.

I grunted in pain and felt myself flying in the air as I landed in the water, slowly sinking away from the surface. I started swimming back up, but felt a sharp pain in my side and stopped.

Damn...he must have kicked my ribs and fractured them... I thought as I started swimming back up. As soon as I made it, I slowly started to catch my breath. I finally realized the water was heavy and gasped.