Chapter 14: Tazuna the bridge builder! Encounter with the Demon Mist Brothers

Kimanari POV

"Ready...", Kakashi whispered into the microphone as we stood in our spots and watched our targets every move. "GO!"

I jumped from my hiding spot and blocked the targets escape as Naruto grabbed the cat.

"Got him!" He yelled holding onto the cat.

The cat started scratching Naruto's face and hissed at him.

"The cat should have a ribbon on his ear with 'Tora' written on in", Kakashi said as Naruto continued screaming through the Mic.

Sasuke looked and confirmed what Kakashi said. I gently took Tora off of Naruto's face and he immediately calmed down.

"How the heck did you get that cat to calm down Kimanari?!" Naruto yelled at me.

Tora growled and jumped on Naruto's face again, continuing to where he left off.

"Owwwwww!" I giggled at Naruto as he lifted Tora away from his face.

"Alright guys, let's head back", Kakashi said through the mic.

--------
Timeskip..

We all stood and watched as Tora was being squished by his owners love, the owner going on about how 'he will never leave pit of her sight again' and 'was afraid he was lost without his mommy'.

"I can see why he ran away from home now", Sakura whispered into my ear. I nodded in agreement as we threw our attention towards the Third Hokage, waiting for our next mission.

"For team 7..lets see, we can have you do babysitting...maybe harvest some crops", He whispered as Naruto made an 'x' shape with his arms.

"NO WAY GRAMPS! give us a real mission besides these boring missions!" he exclaimed. I looked at Kakashi and the others behind me: Kakashi and Sakura were making an 'are you kidding me look', while Saksue, on the other hand, was making his 'you got a point but I'm not going to say anything' look.

Iruka Sensei and Gramps started explaining to him as I slowly zoned out their discussion.

Naruto isn't wrong, though... I thought to myself as I sat down on the ground and rested my chin on one of my hands, and played with a small flame on my other hand. I want to go against Zabuza with Kakashi anyway.

"Kimanari!" I heard Iruka Sensei exclaimed to me as I zoned back in.

I looked up and saw everyone was looking at me. "Yeah, what's up?" I asked sitting straight up and blowing the flame out as I crossed both of my arms over my chest.

"Please tell me you're not going to let yourself and team 7 go on a C-class mission, they're not ready!" he exclaimed.

I looked at Naruto and the others and stared into their eyes, seeing a spark of determination and hope in all of their eyes. I looked back at Iruka-sensei and nodded. "Sorry, but I think I am going to let them do a C-class mission", I answered looking at the Third Hokage, "besides, Gramps knows that if anything were to happen, Oniisan and I will be there to protect them."

Gramps smiled as he blew smoke from his pipe. "Team 7 will be assigned to protect someone. This will be a C-class mission."

Naruto cheered and started asking who we would be protecting as he asked someone to send the person in. The strong smell of Sake filled up the whole room as an old man with spiky gray hair and glasses walked in: Tazuna the bridge builder.

"They all look like a bunch of brats", he said taking a swig of sake from his bottle. "and the short one with an idiot look on his face..do you really expect me to believe your a ninja?" he asked.