27. Stand Up

Asha's POV

After a few days, they let me go. I just had to go through therapy. My worst nightmare. Matthew tried to talk to me, yet I wouldn't let him. Dakota has been visiting me everyday and letting me in about what's happening. He's like a brother to me. I got up from the seat in the hospital, when I saw the door open. I saw Brandon, tears in his eyes. He looked horrible, I ran to him and hugged him, he hugged back. "Oh god, I thought you were going to die." Brandon whispered in my ear. I smiled, tears overflowing.

"Don't worry Brandon, I'm here now. How's everyone?" I asked, Brandon backed up from me.

"They all changed. Ashley and Abby are acting all kind. Chase and Jackson stopped their fuck boy ways. And Dad, he gave himself to the police. He's in jail." He said calmly. My eyes widened, I wasn't expecting that, "It was all because of you. The letters, it changed them. I don't know how, but it changed everyone, including Matthew."

"I know about Matthew." I said softly, I walked past him, "Let's go, I need to visit someone important." I walked away, Brandon caught up and started talking about all kinds of stuff.

House

I'm here. I'm at my old house, the one I lived in for months. I opened the door and saw Layla and Matthew, sitting on the coach, laughing. "Oh hey Dako-" Matthew stopped when he saw me and Brandon. I could already imagine Brandon glaring at my ex. Oh how badly I wish I could say I'm over him, but I'm not. I just have a shield, plus I'm over being heartbroken by many. "How are you Matthew?" I smiled innocently, Dakota then came in. We had a plan, that no one knew. "Dakota!" I yelled, excitedly and hugged him. He hugged back.

"Asha! I'm sorry I couldn't pick you up today, I was getting some things." Dakota said, smiling and kissed my forehead. He then got something out of his pocket, it was a small box, "I got you something, I thought you might like it." Dakota opened the box and it was a beautiful ring. I acted surprised and jumped on him, smiling like crazy.

"It's beautiful! I love it!" Soon after I finished saying that, Matthew tore us apart. I secretly smirked because our plan was working.

"The fuck! Get away from her, Dakota!" Matthew yelled at him, holding me gently, yet forcefully. I felt safe, yet I felt uneasy because he was with another girl, especially that girl. I soon became uncomfortable.

"Matthew, let me go." I said softly. Matthew didn't, he only held me tighter.

"I'm not letting you go. I haven't seen you for days." Matthew said softly back. I pushed away from him.

"You should know why I'm doing this." I yelled out.

"No I don't understand." Matthew yelled back, an emotion stuck on his face, confusion.

"Well it seems you moved on already. You moved on while I was in a coma. A fucking coma. I mean, if you are, it's fine, but I find it quite messed up." I shouted, tears finally bursts from my eyes. Dakota came up to me and hugged me, "I'm happy for you. I'm happy you found someone you love. A person who makes you happy and laugh. I hope you have a good life with Layla. You'll never see me again. Goodbye Matthew." I walked out, with Dakota sticking by my side. I cried my eyes out and he listened.

"You know, maybe you can move. You know, to a different city or something." Dakota said, thoughtfully. He was true, I could get away from everyone. Only the people I trusted the most could see me. I nodded,

"I should go to a place where there's a lot of people, so it'll make it harder to find me. Maybe New York." I said, smiling, Dakota smiled back.

"I'll pay for your flight and basic money for food and a small place." Dakota said, I smiled gratefully.

"Thanks, you are one of the best people I've known." I hugged him. I'll miss Matthew, but I knew this is for the best, so I won't get in the way. I pulled away and left him, after saying goodbye.

Home

I arrived to my house. I called an realtor, saying I want to sell the house quickly. The realtor said he would try his best. I smiled, next I booked a flight, that was cheap, yet get good reviews. I was soon ready at 7 in the morning. I soon called Brandon,

"Hey Asha! Is there something you want to tell me?"

"Yeah, I'm moving states. I'm going to New York to be more specific, Ithaca, New York."

"Why? Is it because of Matthew?"

"Basically, plus I have too many bad memories here."

"I understand, I won't tell anyone. Just tell me your address and I can visit you. When are you leaving?"

"I'm leaving after graduation, exactly a day after."

"That's only a week and a half away."

"It's enough time, I want to leave as soon as I can."

"I understand, I guess. Look, I have to go, bye Asha. I'll miss you."

"Bye Brandon. Don't worry, I'll keep in touch." I hang up first. My heart was beating fast. I can't believe I'm actually moving. It's my first time. I'm not that scared girl that you can control, Matthew. No matter how much I love you, I can't stand how you can move on quickly. My heart grew heavy, I'll miss him, but I know he won't miss me. Dakota called,

"You know, Matthew is crying right now."

"Like I care, he broke my heart."

"No, like he's bursting into tears, please, no matter what, I can't see my best friend like this."

"I can't, you know I can't. If I talk to him, I won't be able to move on."

"Please?" My heart was beating fast, should I?

"Okay, tell him to meet me at the swings in the park."

Word Count- 1020

Pages- 6

Author's Note

I just want to say by doing suicide, it may not change everyone, like it did in the story. Suicide is not an answer if you're feeling sad or depressed. I know it gets hard sometimes, but you need to fight against it. You can still change others without doing suicide, just use your voice. Again thank you for reading!

                     -Angel⚜️