25. Layla

Matthew's POV

As soon as we went to the gate, I already saw people gawking at Dakota. I knew this would happen, it happened to me when I came here. I remember seeing Asha for the first time and how I admired her. I pull Dakota along to the office before he could flirt with the girls. I turned my head to him, "Don't flirt with Ashley and Abby. They're horrible people, they bully everyone." I said to him, he nodded.

"Okay, if you say so, but if they flirt with me, I can't help it." Dakota said back, I sighed. Of course he would be like that. Soon we got to the office and we signed him in. Dakota was in the same classes as me, so I could show him around the high school. Soon it was already time to go to first period. "Dakota, come on, stop flirting and start walking." I complained to him. I hear Dakota sigh,

"Okay okay, you're like a dad. You need to calm down, hey maybe we can go somewhere nice after school, you know. Let's go to a place with a lot of cute girls, get your mind off of things." He said, walking over to our first class.

"No, after school, I'm going to hang out with Asha. I can't miss the part where she wakes up." I said, going over to my seat, Dakota sat next to me, while Ashley was sitting next to me.

"Hey, Matthew, can I talk to you?" Ashley asked me, I sighed and nodded. "Did Asha really kill herself? Is she dead?"

"Asha, is in the hospital, in a coma. She might never wake up." I said softly, remembering her peaceful face.

"Oh. Do you think, I can see her?" Ashley asked, I nodded.

"Yeah, just maybe do it on the weekends." I said to her, Ashley nodded and moved out of Asha's seat. I sighed, what happened with Ashley? She has always been a bitch, but now, she seems kind. I sighed and mentally shook my head. It's probably nothing. I sighed as I got to class.

{After Class}

Dakota seems to be getting popular by the ladies every minute. I noticed as guys gawk at him, while girls flirt. Dakota was loving every moment of it, while I was too focused on Asha. I quickly walked to the hospital, while Dakota trailed behind me, with many girls trying to get him. I ignored and went straight into the hospital and into her room. I closed the door in front of Dakota's face, kinda pissed at him. I sat down and sighed as I looked at Asha's face.

"God, I wish I could help you. I don't want to lose you like everyone else. I don't want to lose you out of everyone. Please." I begged, but Asha didn't even flinch. I felt my eyes tear up. I stayed there, staring at Asha. I closed my eyes, letting all of our memories in my head.

Flashback~

"Hey Baby." I said, walking towards her, behind Asha. I heard her giggle before I wrapped my arms around Asha and kissed her cheek.

"Hey Darling!" Asha said brightly. I could tell Asha was getting better, but I don't know if it still lingers in her mind or not, which worried me. I knew it was hard for her to cooperate with her depression, so I try to support her as best as I can.

"Baby, I heard we're going to have a new student. It was supposed to be a boy." I said, playfully wiggling my eyebrows.

"Why are doing that?" Asha laughed. Her laugh was go angelic.

"Maybe he's hot." I say, we looked at eachother and burst out laughing.

"Nah, I'm fine. It's alright, I already have a bae." Asha said, smiling brightly at me. It melted my heart.

End Of Flashback~

I opened my eyes and looked at the time. It was 7:45. I had to go home, before Dakota drags me back. I stood up and walked away, but before I did, I gave her a peck on the lips. I quickly walked out the hospital, seeing Layla. She looked up at me and smiled, I smiled back waved. "Hey! How's your dad?" I asked, smiling brightly.

"He's doing great! I'm really glad! But I have to go to public school now because my dad can't teach me anymore. My dad has Alzheimer's." Layla muttered the ending, I only nodded.

"He'll get better. Don't worry. Anyway, I'm about to head home, want to come?" I asked. Layla nodded.

"I would love to. Hey, Matthew, can you show me around school tomorrow? I'm pretty nervous." She said softly, I nodded, smiling brightly.

"Like you said, 'I would love to'. Plus school is getting boring anyway, I'm ready for something to change." I said, she laughed and nodded. I started laughing with her. Layla was the only girl who made me laugh and smile brightly when Asha is in the coma...

🤔••🤔

Before I knew it, I was already at the house. I was actually sad to leave her. "I'll text you later tonight, okay?" Layla said, smiling brightly. I smiled back and nodded. I went inside and closed the door. I saw Dakota, staring at me with confusion. "What?" I asked him. Dakota walked closer to me, to the point where one more step, it would become weird.

"Are you moving on? With Layla? While your freakin girlfriend is in the hospital?! Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you!" Dakota yelled at my face. I glared back,

"So? She's not my girlfriend! Remember? I broke up with her?!" I yelled back. Dakota took a step back, in disbelief.

"If you don't care about her feelings, then don't go to the hospital to visit her. When you told me about her, she sounded so kind and in love with you, she doesn't fucking deserve you if you are going to do this with her!" Dakota yelled. This time I took a step back, but grew confident again and took a step forward.

"I can visit her anytime I want! I can hang out with Layla anytime I want! Okay? You are not the boss of my life!" My voice was filled with rage. I knew I was doing something stupid, but Layla was someone different.

"Don't come back, crying to me once Asha actually kills herself. Just because of you." Dakota growled out and stomped out of the room. I grew tense as I keep thinking of his words. What would I do if Asha actually commits suicide? I walked over to my room, imagining all kinds of way she would kill herself from her. That's when one thought came into my mind. It's my fault why Asha tried to commit suicide.

Word Count- 1143

Pages- 7

Author's Note

Sorry I took long. If you guys read my One Last Chance, you understand why. I might take long for each chapter, but I'll try my best.

~Angel⚜️