10) Neighbors

Lucy

I rose to the sweet kiss of sunlight on my closed eye lids. I smiled sleepily as I drifted out of la-la land and came back to my room. I turned away from the window and opened my eyes just a crack.

I noticed a certain dragon-scale scarf and pink, spicky head and shot up in bed.

"NATSU!!! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU!!!!! STAY!! OUT!! OF!! MY!! ROOOOOM!!!" I screamed.

My scream knocked Natsu over, causing him to almost jam his head against my bookshelf. He did, however, take a nasty blow from the floor.

"OW!!! Dang it, Luce! Can't we just say Hi to our new neighboor?"

His words put a pause to my rampage, stopping me in my tracks.

"Neighboors?" I said, tilting my head. "Wait, did you get a house of your own? Horray!! That means I don't have to worry about waking up every morning to you watching me sleep!! Horray!!" I cheered, doing a little happy dance around my room.

"Well, not quite!" He grinned mischeviously.

I stopped. "What do you mean?" I asked slowly.

He jumped up and lept onto my bed. He leaned out the widow and pointed at something to the right.

"That's Kameel's house. We live right next to you! That means..." He said, turning back to me, a large, innocent grin on his evil, childish face.

"That I'm never getting rid of you." I groaned as I slouched over.

"Natsu! What are you doing in Lucy's bedroom? I thought you said she locks her doors!" Came a call from outside.

Natsu leaned back out the window, looking down this time, and I could've sworn, if he leaned any farther, he would fall out the window. I would laugh!

"I didn't come through her door, thats too old school for me! I came in through the window! She always leaves her window unlocked!" He called back. I could hear the smile in his voice.

The thought of Natsu climbing over my sleeping body at night really didn't make me feel better about this whole breaking-and-entering thing. It sent cold shivers all the way from my head to my toes. Fueled with a new wave of fury, I grabbed a pillow and wacked him with it!

"GET OUT YOU CRIMINAL!!" I screamed.

With the impact from the pillow, Natsu went tumbling down through the window.

I leaned out the window, glaring daggers at him. He was laying flat on his stomach, Kameel laughing at his side. Then she looked up at me and smiled warmly.

"I'm sorry for my brother! May we please come in? I've brought you something!" She called.

I smiled back and nodded. "Sure thing! I'll be right there!"

As I walked down the stairs, I marvled how Natsu and Kameel were in anyway related! Kameel was nice, sweet, caring, and polite. Natsu was... NOT!

I quickly unlocked the door. When I opened it and saw a nervous looking Natsu. He scratched the back of his neck and grinned weakly.

He looked back at Kameel, she nodded, then he turned back to me.

"I'm sorry, Luce. I shouldn't have snuck into your room. Now that I've got my own place, I won't sneak in... as often..."

Kameel smacked him good and hard upside the head. Natsu glared at her, then continued.

"May we please come in?" He asked. The words seemed like venom on his tongue. I could tell that Kameel had made him appologize, and that made me smirk evily.

"Oh, I can't wait to tell the guys about this one!" His face became serious, panick-stricken, and terrified.

I opened the door, letting a very worried Natsu and a very ammused Kameel into my house.

"You're right! This will make quite the tale to tell the guild!" Kameel murmured as she passed. Then she winked and I winked back.

Natsu glared at her and slumped with his back turned at the counter. He grumbled under his breath something I didn't hear, but Kameel smacked him anyway. He rubbed his head and stuck his tongue at her. She then flicked angry yellow flames at his forehead, making him yelp. Kameel just smirked at him.

I laughed at the whole scene. I knew it was going to be much better for Magnolia, the Guild, and for me that Kameel was here!

"Anyway, sorry for my obnoxious brother. Here! Natsu told me you're a Celestial wizard, so I got you this!" She said with a big smile.

She handed me a small box, and inside was a beautiful copper key. I didn't know there was such thing as a copper celestial key! I was extatic!

"OH MY GOSH!!!!! Kameel, where did you get this? What is this? I've never seen anything like it before! Oh, THANK YOU!" I cried, pulling Kameel into a big hug.

She laughed and hugged me back. "I can tell we're going to be good friends, Lucy!" She murmured happily.

"Ditto!" I replied.
-----------------------------------------------------
Natsu

I yawned. I had nothin' to do while Lucy and Kameel were chatting over nothing and Lucy had nothing good in her fridge, so I decided to pop by Kameel's place and grab some grub.

"Hmm. I wonder where Happy went. He didn't come home last night, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see him when Kameel got her emblem." I thought out loud.

As I thought about it more, the more uneasy I felt about it.

"I really hope nothing bad happened to him..."

Before I opened the door of Kameel's house, I heard lite footsteps approaching. I sniffed the air, and sure enough, I could sense both Wendy's and Carla's scent. This didn't mean anything good.

"Natsu!! Natsu, something terrible happened!!" Wendy cried. She turned that corner then, Carla flying behind her.

"It's the tom-cat!"

That's all I needed to hear. I took off running towards the guild hall.

'Happy, please be okay!' I thought.