17) Breaking Through

Kameel

A single tear ran down my cheek. I whiped at it and peered at it, astonished at the fact that I was crying. I backed away from him, still staring at the tear. It glimmered with a white shine, which was impossible in the light if the green fire.

I looked back at him, more tears streaming down my cheeks. Then a flareing pain shot through my head. My face scrunched up as I grabbed at my hair. I fell to my knees, groaning in pain.

"Come on, Kameel! Fight it!!" Natsu huffed.

"Natsu!" I spat through my teeth.

I am strong! I am feirce! And I will NOT LET YOU HURT MY BROTHER!!!!

Tears continued to flow down as I screamed in agony. I fought so hard, and my efforts would not be waisted. I grasped desperately at my control, finaly accessing it for a few short moments.

"Natsu!" I wailed. "Help... me!!"

My hands ignited with hot flames, climbing down my arms, swallowing my entire body. I realized what was happening in an instant. The bright light of my fire was chasing away the darkness. It was helping me gain back control.

I screamed as I was seared by the flames. I fought hard and strong in the void, blasting white fire in all directions. The void started to fade, leaving blackness in it's wake.

I'm doing it!

"Kameel!!! Give it ALL YOU GOT!!!" Natsu shouted.

I put all my energy into one final flare! A tower of fire shot into the sky, blowing out all the green flames, and replaced them with pure white fire.

What's... happening?

The void vanished, leaving me floating in blackness. I looked around me, filled with confusion. Hadn't I beaten it? Wasn't I supposed to be gazing at Natsu right now?

I consiously felt two hands lift me off the ground, but I couldn't open my eyes.

"Kameel! You did it!" Natsu's voice drifted through the darkness, echoing off of invisible walls.

Why can't I move?
------------------------------------------------------
Lucy

I looked up suddenly as a loud roar filled the air, along with a bright, radient light. To the west of us was the brightest pillar of light I had ever seen.

"What is that?" Grey asked behind me.

"I don't know, but it sounds powerful." Erza replied.

"It sounds like a Dragon!" Wendy said.

I turned to her. She was gazing up at the pillar, her young face overtaken with disbelief. I looked back to the light.

"Could it be Natsu?" I asked.

"No." Wendy stated simply. "If it was Natsu, the pillar of fire would be orange or red. That fire is white. And the roar doesn't sound like Natsu's roar. It's more feminan. It has to be Kameel."

I gawked at the girl. "You got all that from a sound and a pillar of light?"

"Well, it's obviously not him. That flame for brains doesn't have white fire." Grey said, crossing his arms over his bare chest.

"Well, sorry for being clueless." I grumbled.

"What are we waiting for? Let's go save those whimps." Gajeel huffed before plunging into the bushes.
----------------------------------------------------
Natsu

I held Kameel, who was once again unconcious, against my chest. I glared up at the balcony, smirking at the astonished faces of all the crappy scum bags in the crowd.

"WASN'T WHAT YOU WERE EXPECTING, HUH??" I screamed, my loud voice filling the dead-silent stadium. "YOU CAN'T MAKE HER DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT WITHOUT A FIGHT!!!"

Cobalt was the first to snap out of his trance. His features were clouded with rage as he barked orders to his guards.

"Get down there and get them!!" He shriecked. His face was red as a tomatoe. I laughed at his ammusing episode.

Suddenly, multiple doors in the stone walls of the arena slammed open and the stadium was swarmed with guards.

"Natsu..."

A looked down at Kameel. Her eyes fluttered open, and I sighed as I saw the shine in her amber irises.

"Natsu, set me down, you brute!" She smirked.

I grinned and set her down.

"Ugh, that out burst really sapped my magic!" She groaned. She gave me a sideways look with large eyes. "Could you please..." She begged.

I rolled my eyes and held up my hand. Flames danced across my fingers and I held it out for her. She grabbed my hand and sucked the small flames off my fingertips.

"Ya good now?" I asked, amused anoyance lining my words.

"Well, I would like more, but beggers can't be choosers!" She looked around us at the armoured guards and smirked. "What a joke! They think they can take us down? Ha! I laugh!"

"I betcha I could take out more of these guys than you!" I grinned excitedly.

She crouched down, fire burning in her eyes. "You're ON!"

We bounded in opposite directions, fists blazing as we fought the weak guards.

"FIRE DRAGON IRON FIST!"

I took out five guards with one punch, clapping my hands together in accomplishment.

"Weak!" I heard Kameel call from behind me.

I turned and stared at her. She was surrounded by twelve gurads, at least, and she was smiling!

"FIRE DRAGON FLAME EXPLOSION!" She slammed her blazing fist on the ground, sending a shock wave through the ground around her. Orange flames shot out in a circle around her before blowing up in the faces of the guards.

I put my hand on my hip. She just smirked at me. Then her eyes widened, but I just turned and blasted the advancing guards with a humongous ROAR. They turned tail and ran away, whimpering like puppies.

I backed into Kameel, locking elbows with her. I lifted her onto my back and spun like a top as she kicked all the guards with flaring feet.

The heated air mixed with all the spinning action caused us to fly up into the air. We both set our fists on fire, placed our feet together, and pushed with feirce power, soaring towards the shivering guards.

I grinned before swinging my glowing fist. The fight was as good as won!