"I'm not a Gryffindor," Marcus muttered and then sighed. "I know I've been waiting but I just don't get it. Someone like her could never like someone like me."

"And why's that?"

"Because of the path I'm destined to go down and the fact that she can go down any path she chooses without question," Marcus declared as Viktor understood what he meant. "She doesn't realize the freedom she has. I told her a little about it but I really didn't want to divulge too many details so she wouldn't worry too much."

Viktor nodded understanding. "You don't have to go down any path you don't want to. I know you're going to mention the consequences but think of the people who would stick by you. You just hung out with the Weasleys and their friend. Keep building friendships, lasting ones. Samantha believes in you since she wanted to include you."

He let out a huge breath he didn't know he was keeping in. "Right, but I just don't get it why she likes me, ignoring our paths."

"Well you're a nice guy to start off--"

"I wasn't to her a lot in the past."

"That's the past, keep it there. I'm sure she thinks you're nice now. You're also cool and caring. There's a lot to you, Marcus," Viktor said.

Marcus chuckled. "Thanks, I just feel like I'm not good enough for her. Diggory seemed like a much better fit."

"Cedric? Right? Well maybe that was the problem: him and her being too perfect. Maybe that's what Samantha likes about you, that you're perfectly imperfect."

Marcus frowned. "Huh, I never thought about that, interesting."

"I think you should spend more time with her and be a bit more flirty and see how she handles things," Viktor suggested.

"You know you give great advice for someone who hasn't set his eyes on a girl," Marcus said with a laugh.

Viktor shrugged. "I just haven't found someone worth my time."

Just then, the library doors opened and in rushed Hermione who had her arms full of books and pieces of parchment. Viktor's eyes lingered on her longer than he thought and Marcus grinned slightly. "Really?" he spoke as Hermione set up camp at a table on the other side of the library where she was out of earshot.

Viktor raised an eyebrow. "Huh?"

"Haven't found someone yet? I don't believe that's true," Marcus said and gestured to Hermione who had opened up two books.

"Oh stop, I don't even know her. I met her briefly but she didn't seem to keen on meeting me."

Marcus faked a gasp. "What? Someone doesn't like the famous Quidditch star, Viktor Krum? Oh the disappointment."

"Hush up. I don't know, she's different. I compare her to the groups of girls that follow me around all day. It's annoying when she gets mad that they follow me in here. It's like she doesn't like me because of that," Viktor spoke as he glanced at Hermione a few times.

"Try and talk to her, let her see the real you."

"Talk to her? I can't even pronounce her name."